By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Futurama: Bender's Big Score

Have any of you seen this movie yet? I thought it was pretty entertaining, but probably would have served better as a TV show.. No matter it was great to see a new Futurama.

Around the Network

How does it hold up in comparrison? That's the biggest worry i have the time off hurting the show.

Kasz216 said:
How does it hold up in comparrison? That's the biggest worry i have the time off hurting the show.

I don't want to give away too much of the plot, but it has to do with the very beginning of the show (Fry gets frozen for 1,000 years) Its decent.. one of the better Futurama plotlines (just a bit long if you ask me) All the humor was very much intact and it seemed quite a bit funnier than a normal Futurama show.  If you're a fan of the series, the movie definitely won't change that.

This movie is going to make up a few of the episodes when the show returns, if I remember correctly. I read an article about the show a couiple months back.

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)

damkira said:
Kasz216 said:

I don't want to give away too much of the plot, but it has to do with the very beginning of the show (Fry gets frozen for 1,000 years) Its decent.. one of the better Futurama plotlines (just a bit long if you ask me) All the humor was very much intact and it seemed quite a bit funnier than a normal Futurama show.  If you're a fan of the series, the movie definitely won't change that.

Not really. I'm a really big fan of futurama, but the movie did not live up to the series (joke-wise). But they are making more than one movie so hopefully the other ones have different writers.

Around the Network

I thought it was very good overall, definitely worthy of the series. It did have one really bad musical number about 2/3 of the way into it though. Otherwise, top notch stuff. All of the original writers and cast members were involved and the animation seems even better. It's anamorphic widescreen to boot.

y ai havn seen i but i like futurama so i will hopefully enjoy it