By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii=THE COOL BAND?

Have you ever seen anybody love a band so much when they're one of the only few people who know anything about them and then when they hit it big the person starts to envy them and call them sellouts. I think thats what some hardcore Nintendo fans are gonna start to do and I have a good feeling why.

The Commercially Driven

The band starts to stray from their roots and make more commercial appealing music that they don't really like but they want a bigger fanbase so they will stoop down to that level

Well Nintendo will start straying away from their roots and will make more commercially viable games like they are doing alot right now. Do you remember last generation when you would always see Xbox and Ps2 Exclusive and you would wonder why Gamecube didn't get it even though it was equal with the ps2. Well thats because ps2 was 2000-2007 Wii but ps2 always had 20-30 crappy games for 3 good ones and because it wasn't so popular Gamecube always had 10 crappy games for 6 good ones. Do you notice that the Ps3 doesn't have as much shovelware as the Wii already has. I give Wii until next year around this time to have 30 crappy games for 3 good ones.

The Switch Up

Do you notice that only a couple of band members really stay with the band after they blow up and a couple of them start to drift off and go their seperate ways with people replacing them that are not nearly as good.

Well I See Nintendo also getting like this, we already lost Silicon Knights and Left Field and I have a feeling that its not gonna be too long before you see more developers move on to better things as we get more developers not as skilled as them

The Crowd Control

Well we all know when a band starts to get famous they get more and more criticism even if what they're doing isn't really as bad as what a bigger band is doing like Ozzy for instance when he was first starting barely anybody knew aout him but when he got more fans the news went haywire with all sorts of allegations on how he inspired suicides and whatever else.

Well for Wii Manhunt 2 was just released and the news went ape s*** over it...I was passing by my Tv and I even saw Dr.Phil trying to display how bad it was and we also just got all of these stupid Senators trying to raise the ESRB rationg on Wii because of motion controls...imagine Zelda Wii being rated Mature or AO just because you kill monsters like your actually in the game. Now lets try to imagine if Wii wasn't as popular and only sold 5 million like the Ps3 so far.................NOTHING WOULD BE IN THE NEWS AT ALL ABOUT IT, they would be talking about how violent Ratchet and Clank or Heavenly Sword is now discuss your opinions

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|
Around the Network

I disagree, Nes and Snes were the consoles of their time. The N64 and GC fell short to PS, Now the Wii regains the crown Nintendo once had and your analogy fails right there. They used to be big, made some mistakes and lost their standing and now are back again. When bands "blow up" as you put it and sell out they change their music to meet a wider audience, Nintendo however has kept its signature games Zelda, Metroid, Mario so it has not sold out just cause it "blew up". Sorry maybe i misunderstood but some of your sentences were hard to understand.

I agree with the first part only some what.... I feel that some Nintendo hardcores will fell betrayed and get mad at Nintendo for their success but that's what happens. But this is where Auron comments come in because Nintendo has been there done that they now know how to handle themselves. I also feel this will also happen with another company namely apple.

Oh yeah I forgot to put I didn't really get to finish everything but I appreciate everybody's opinions ;)

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|