By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Does it again... Three Weeks Running (In Japan)

In response to comments on my other thread, I thought I'd focus on the fact that the Sony PlayStation 3 has outsold the Nintendo Wii for the third week in a row in Japan.  Following the release of Winning Eleven 2008 in Japan, the PS3 has maintained it's lead over the Wii for three weeks, this week winning by 9,000 units.  Now this may all change next week with the release of Wii Fit, but Sony fans rejoice, you beat your competitor three weeks in a row.

Around the Network

Wonder how much of those sold ps3s are 40GB. I was really expecting 20k-30k first week this shows its hard to predict the Japanese market.

So theyve closed the gap by another 400 units, another 100 years and they will be neck and neck

@ Yojimbo

The forty gig has been out for three weeks. Do you think that had an affect on the numbers or do you just want to know how many it sold out of that number?

@ eugene

Or nine thousand units? We're talking about Japan. Look at the title and actually read my post.

Around the Network

Microsoft should just start giving units away for free in Japan!

eugene said:
So theyve closed the gap by another 400 units, another 100 years and they will be neck and neck

LOL  

@eugene--i dont know if that would even help

On Topic--shows that the ps3 is starting to hit the right price point over there for teh system...Still not sure why the wii is at its level--i mean its not bad sales for it, just seems to have leveled off

DMeisterJ said:
@ Yojimbo

The forty gig has been out for three weeks. Do you think that had an affect on the numbers or do you just want to know how many it sold out of that number?
How many people bought the 40GB that is what I am wondering.

Gratz Sony. Let's see what Wii Fit do.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.