By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo DS and You

So here we are, five and a half years and 4 models after the original Nintendo DS launch.  And a brand new model on the way.  Its been quite a wild ride, with some of the best selling games ever found on the system and nearly everyone and their literal grandmother owns the device...but is that really true?  To some, the DS has been the best gaming platform ever devised.  But to others, they claim they have never bought the thing and it is ruining gaming.

So what is the general consensus?  Clearly, the view of the general public is clear based on the sales.  With the DS nearing the sales of all console units combined and software going through the roof, its not hard to see the DS is attracting the masses.  But what of our fellow visitors on VGChartz?  As always, there's conflicting views, even for the most popular devices.  So let's throw those out there.  Who owns and loves the DS?  Who doesn't own a DS and is on the fence?  And who would rather quit gaming forever and live as a hermit in the desert before ever touching one?

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

I don't really own very many games. I just have The World Ends with You, Mario 64 DS, And Dragon Quest 4 DS, FFIV DS, Pokemon

I enjoy them, about as much as I enjoy the psp (As I can also use it to watch movies). Not as much as my gameboy color.

But I'd still rather, it be on the tv. All of those games. Which I guess Mario is

If I were to Trade in to get a DS I wouldn't be able to play pokemon yellow. My only detrrant to gettiing a DS is complete backwards to gameboy games.

its a great system with a lot of great games but it's not perfect. I have high hopes for the 3DS but I fear that the 3D effect and more power will cause fewer 2D (sprite) games to be made.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

The DS has been the best handheld ever since the original Gameboy was released 20+ years ago.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network

i love my ds, i only got it very recently so i only have two games, but i have an extensive list of titles i want to get.

I've only had my DS for little more of a month, but I haven't been able to play anything else. It's library is simply staggering and the blend of normal handheld gameplay with the touch screen interaction in most games is very well done.

I'm loving it very much, and it's growing on me, like only the Gameboy Colour ever did.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

My household now contains 5 DSs, soon to be 6 - they're incredible devices; games for anyone and everyone and very entertaining. I always preferred hand-held gaming to console gaming and in my opinion, the DS is the greatest hand-held ever! :)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~