By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How well has the Halo 3 'legendary' edition really sold?

Amazon has the Halo 3 Legendary edition (originally 130$) selling for 60$ as part of a deal of the day thing. These Halo 3s are also available in abundance at Best Buy and other local stores in my area for months now. Is it safe to say MS overestimated the amount of ppl willing to pay 130$ for a game, even if it is Halo? Also whoever bought it at the original price must be kicking themselves now.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Its no secret they sold horrible. 130 for any game is ridiculous.

How did the Halo consoles perform? I actually haven't seen one in any  stores, but I haven't exactly been looking for them ._.;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

But for 60 dollars all that stuff is a great deal, which is why I just ordered it as a gift for my kid cousin who's getting a 360 this christmas and is a big Halo fan. He better be greatful...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

well standing in line that night to get Halo 3..i was amazed with how many people walked out with that massive box. But probably the majority in sale were in preorders for it...

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network

They made 500,000 of them in a limited edition run.

As far as I know, the majority sold through....I would assume that after the initial hardcore crazy Halo 3 userbase bought them under Preorder status, very, very few have moved since. What casual buyer would pay $130 for a game with a mask? I mean, I can go out and buy H3 and some sort of much higher quality paintball mask which has actual uses for less.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.