By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much money do they actually print?

I figured that Nintendo are doing pretty well for themselves this generation - I imagine that the Wii and DS aren't super expensive to produce, and the hardware and software sales are fantastic.

Of course, they must have also made plenty of money in previous generations (I'm not 100% sure, but I reckon even the Gamecube would have been profitable).

I just made this thread because I wondered if anyone on this site knew how much money they made during each generation, and maybe an estimate on how much money they have at the moment.

I tried search engines, but they wouldn't give me a straight answer ;_; Also I prefer topics because they're more personal, and I'm a relatively new member, so I thought it'd be good to get to know some more members :)

Thanks in advance for the help - no real reason for  the question; I guess I'm just being nosy :P

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/viperempire/chartimg4.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

The rEVOLution is not being televised

That is disgustingly successful. 5.5 Billion in 2009? or is that last comma a decimal.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

When I see that 5.5 billion in 2009, I feel like slapping people who say the Wii needs a price cut.

Pixel Art can be fun.

.jayderyu said:
That is disgustingly successful. 5.5 Billion in 2009? or is that last comma a decimal.

That is indeed $5.5 billion.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/viperempire/chartimg4.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Damn... Nintendo was already rich... now they're Santa Claus rich.

Thanks a lot for the table - the wealth is even more incredible than I thought O.o

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I have one doubt: this chart contains the profit of the pokemon universe too?

If not... God bless us all!

radishhead said:

I figured that Nintendo are doing pretty well for themselves this generation - I imagine that the Wii and DS aren't super expensive to produce, and the hardware and software sales are fantastic.

Of course, they must have also made plenty of money in previous generations (I'm not 100% sure, but I reckon even the Gamecube would have been profitable).

I just made this thread because I wondered if anyone on this site knew how much money they made during each generation, and maybe an estimate on how much money they have at the moment.

I tried search engines, but they wouldn't give me a straight answer ;_; Also I prefer topics because they're more personal, and I'm a relatively new member, so I thought it'd be good to get to know some more members :)

Thanks in advance for the help - no real reason for  the question; I guess I'm just being nosy :P

The Gamecube made more profit than the PS2 and Xbox iirc

tehsage said:
radishhead said:

The Gamecube made more profit than the PS2 and Xbox iirc

Than the Xbox? Certainly.

Than the PS2? Hardly.

There was the Gameboy advance at the same time, remember? Probably most of Nintendo profits from that time came from it.