By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake Gameplay Length

does anyone know how long alan wake is from start to finish? and also does anyone know if the setting is all within the woods cause i would say 90% of the gameplay ive seen is all within the wooded area around the town or the town itself?

Around the Network

I don't think anybody has either actually played the game all the way through or if they have, they probably can't say because of the embargo. I would imagine you're in the woods a majority of the time, though you do go visit local townspeople in the daytime and eventually venture out of the woods down to the lighthouse.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Personally, 9-12 hours would suit me fine. Of course, if it was 40, I wouldn't complain either.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

CGI-Quality said:
The setting takes place outside of just the Woods and the game play will be anywhere from 12-20 hours, give or take.

If that length is coming from the developer. Then the game is probably really 8 hours or less. They always over exaggerate.

Wagram said:
CGI-Quality said:
The setting takes place outside of just the Woods and the game play will be anywhere from 12-20 hours, give or take.

If that length is coming from the developer. Then the game is probably really 8 hours or less. They always over exaggerate.

But it isnt, CGI told us it was an extrapolation from him "Remedy mentions seeking out a lengthy campaign. This gen, 12-20hrs is lengthy."

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
Wagram said:
CGI-Quality said:

But it isnt, CGI told us it was an extrapolation from him "Remedy mentions seeking out a lengthy campaign. This gen, 12-20hrs is lengthy."

Yeah. Just like how WKC was going to be a lengthy 100 hour JRPG.

and it was about a 30 hour RPG.

Wagram said:
Icyedge said:
Wagram said:
CGI-Quality said

Yeah. Just like how WKC was going to be a lengthy 100 hour JRPG.

and it was about a 30 hour RPG.

Yeah I know what your talking about, developers do that all the time. But in this case what CGI said is that remedy mentions they wanted a lenghty campaing. Its CGI that extrapolate and says for him a lengthy campaing would be between 12-20 hours, not the developer.

I really hope that next gen they don't make games even shorter. Would not even be worth paying the money for the game anymore. 2 Hour campaigns! WOOT

Agreed!

Yeah i can see a 8 hour game, too bad i wouldn't mind a 20 hour lenght.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB