By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

dsister44 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
While we're waiting for trangentspree (who I can't see being able to justify his actions). We could try to figure out what happened last night:

- dsister44 targeted me for a night kill.
- I was also targeted by an ability that both blocked and protected me from the night kill.

Now, to explain the result of last night, I can think of three scenarios (from most likely to least likely):

1. A pro-town switched whoever the Subspace army targeted and SAK
2. A pro-town with a night kill killed SAK and the subspace targeted me
3. A pro-town with a night kill killed SAK and the subspace targeted someone else who happened to be protected somehow.

1.  Might have to go Jane Doe on his ass

2&3. Two pro-town roles with night kills?

My thoughts.

I targeted trucks.

Mafia thought trucks would get investigated

Mario switched trucks with someone they would know appear innocent.

plan backfired.

That's my stance right now

Ahhhh I finally get it. In this scenario of yours both me and Mario are mafia then?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
That doesn't make sense, you're suggesting they chose someone to switch with SAK and then decided to kill that same person without realizing they would kill SAK? Or are you saying that they switched me and SAK and that your shot hit him instead of me?

The latter is what he's saying.  But it doesn't jive with what you said. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

yeah, I would like to hear more from falcon, and Final-Fan though.

TruckOSaurus said:
Also as I said before, my PM this morning leads me to believe I wasn't switched around but blocked and protected by a jailkeeper kind of role.

Did you really say that earlier?  Whyja have to go and do a thing like that? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
That doesn't make sense, you're suggesting they chose someone to switch with SAK and then decided to kill that same person without realizing they would kill SAK? Or are you saying that they switched me and SAK and that your shot hit him instead of me?

The latter is what he's saying.  But it doesn't jive with what you said. 

For this to work I would have to have been both switched AND roleblocked. Which means the roleblocker would have wanted to block SAK but ended up blocking me instead.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Also as I said before, my PM this morning leads me to believe I wasn't switched around but blocked and protected by a jailkeeper kind of role.

What's wrong with that?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

For this to work I would have to have been both switched AND roleblocked. Which means the roleblocker would have wanted to block SAK but ended up blocking me instead.

Not necessarily.

TruckOSaurus said:
Well, I figured as much, I was roleblocked last night by what seems to be a jailkeeper since "I spent the night in a dark uncomfortable place" according to my PM. My guess would be that supermario128 was the one who block/protected me since he mentionned his role "messing" with people's night action.

I don't know how I missed this post.  I saw the one under it also by you. 
Anyway, it could be anything from the inside of a jail to the inside of a vacuum cleaner. 

TruckOSaurus said:
Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:

What's wrong with that?

Nothing.  No comment. 

dsister44 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Not necessarily.

What other explanation might there be?  That fits the idea that your kill targeting TOS ended up hitting SAK, I mean.