By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

dsister44 said:
KingFate said:

The concern is we shouldn't do what happened in the last game. It's "let's vote for this person and keep it that way, unless the cops says otherwise" That seems kind of fishy.

Fos: dsister44

We didn't have a cop last game =P

We had a lie detector, no one believed him though and he was lynched

15A had everyone waiting for the cop, it was horrible. I do not want that mindset again.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
OK, I have an idea about dsister's weirdness that I'll investigate, but in the meantime I remembered something:

I want us to think about what the Hand told us about last night's death.
Trampling, and stabs/cuts.
Here's a list of the SSBB characters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._(series)#Playable_characters

Now, for the stabbing and cutting, there are a few options. If it was a vigilante, then it could be a lot of people, but if it was a villain, then Meta Knight is the most likely one IMO, even if he wasn't really that villainous after all.

As for the trampling, the only thing that comes to mind is King Dedede's special attack (the Smash Ball one), but I'm sure there may be some I missed. I doubt it was Fox's Landmaster, since although that would flatten someone I doubt the hand would have said "as if trampled".

I was under the impression that our enemies were the subspace army not Brawlers. The fact that Wario was on our side seems to reinforce that theory too.

Signature goes here!

KingFate said:
dsister44 said:
KingFate said:

The concern is we shouldn't do what happened in the last game. It's "let's vote for this person and keep it that way, unless the cops says otherwise" That seems kind of fishy.

15A had everyone waiting for the cop, it was horrible. I do not want that mindset again.

I agree with this, also since roleclaiming would mean losing his investigative powers, we can be sure the cop (if there is one) won't roleclaim without good reason, so waiting around for him to show up would be a big mistake.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
KingFate said:
dsister44 said:
KingFate said:

I agree with this, also since roleclaiming would mean losing his investigative powers, we can be sure the cop (if there is one) won't roleclaim without good reason, so waiting around for him to show up would be a big mistake.

Cool story... But if you didn't notice I'm not waiting... 

@dsister44: I never said you were, I was just stating that I agreed with KingFate on that point. Why so defensive dsister?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
@dsister44: I never said you were, I was just stating that I agreed with KingFate on that point. Why so defensive dsister?

I'm not being defensive. Like you said, you were agreeing with him. He FoS'd me for thinking that Mario may be the cop. He then says that we shouldn't wait for the cop. Which makes no sense since I didn't wait 

dsister44 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm not being defensive. Like you said, you were agreeing with him. He FoS'd me for thinking that Mario may be the cop. He then says that we shouldn't wait for the cop. Which makes no sense since I didn't wait 

Ah I misunderstood you, I thought you were saying "I am voting and staying to this vote, unless the cop says otherwise"

PSN ID: KingFate_

dsister44 said:
Final-Fan said:
Well, my idea was that dsister had a role that made him agree with what people said. But I don't see much indication of that in previous days. It's possible that he was hit with an ability with that effect, but I doubt it.

More likely, IMO, he was just being weird -- agreeing with SM128's vague suspicion with no reason other than trusting SM128, agreeing with theRepublic who questioned that very act, and then agreeing with me when I said there was nothing for me to really defend against.

On the subject of people being weird/suspicious, unless I missed something Falcon still hasn't given us that big post.

1. Yeah you hit the nail right on the head with Mario :P
2. therepublic's post has actually made him rise near to the top of the suspects list. Seemed he was trying to push something without looking like he was to 
3. No. You couldn't defend yourself. You can't defend yourself against everything without looking desperate 

1.  That his suspicion was vague?  I guess, but I'm surprised you found it noteworthy. 

2.  What?  What was he trying to push? 

3.  I don't know what you're trying to imply here.  There is no "everything".  Unless you simply mean that putting up a vigorous defense against even the most pathetic suspicion is overly defensive? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:
I was under the impression that our enemies were the subspace army not Brawlers. The fact that Wario was on our side seems to reinforce that theory too.

Yeah, I forgot about that.  But ... forgive my bad memory, but how much do we know about the subspace army?  Who among them could have cut, stabbed, and trampled Wario?  On the other hand, I guess it might not matter much from a detection point of view. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
dsister44 said:
Final-Fan said:
Well, my idea was that dsister had a role that made him agree with what people said. But I don't see much indication of that in previous days. It's possible that he was hit with an ability with that effect, but I doubt it.

More likely, IMO, he was just being weird -- agreeing with SM128's vague suspicion with no reason other than trusting SM128, agreeing with theRepublic who questioned that very act, and then agreeing with me when I said there was nothing for me to really defend against.

On the subject of people being weird/suspicious, unless I missed something Falcon still hasn't given us that big post.

1. Yeah you hit the nail right on the head with Mario :P
2. therepublic's post has actually made him rise near to the top of the suspects list. Seemed he was trying to push something without looking like he was to 
3. No. You couldn't defend yourself. You can't defend yourself against everything without looking desperate 

1.  That his suspicion was vague?  I guess, but I'm surprised you found it noteworthy. 

2.  What?  What was he trying to push? 

3.  I don't know what you're trying to imply here.  There is no "everything".  Unless you simply mean that putting up a vigorous defense against even the most pathetic suspicion is overly defensive? 

1. Get me something, anything else that has been noteworthy 

2. He quoted my post, to say nothing. It made it look just like he wanted other people to see it. 

3. Basically what you said. I was saying, you(as in a person) can't defend themselves against every little thing.