By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

Some general points.

I really think we all need to consider having a rule in future games that players are not allowed to be absent during a Day for more than 36 hours, unless they announce prior to their absence that they are going to be away for a stated longer time and, if possible, the reasons. It's just not fair to the other players. It leads to unneccesary confusion and stagnation of the game. And I see a lot of people claiming 'boredom' and 'the game not moving fast enough' as justifications for some of their actions thus far.

Forcing the end of Day1 was a bad move by dsister, especially considering he had previously posted that mario said he would be in contact with his ISP either that day or the day before that day. I really would have liked to have found out what was going on - but I guess the matter is going to resolve itself one way or the the other soon now so we'll just see what happens.

More importantly, I would have liked to see Falcon follow up on this post, which he said he was going to do and never did - and now I don't know if the day ending is the reason why (although he did have 24 hours to.) I just hope he gets here soon, for now. ¬_¬

Now I'll recap on what's been said today and post my own impressions.

Around the Network

Vote Count  (Day 2)

Stefl1504: Final-Fan (L-6)

Not Voting:  dsister44, Falcon095, KingFate, Nikells,
SciFiBoy, Stefl1504, SuperAdriank, supermario128,
theRepublic, trangentspree, TruckOSaurus,
Vetteman94

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Vote Spread (Day 2)

dsister44:    
trangentspree:
KingFate:
Nikells:
supermario128:
stefl1504:    
SciFiBoy:
Vetteman94:
TruckOSaurus: 
SuperAdriank:
theRepublic:  
Falcon095:
Final-Fan:     Stefl1504

Stefl is making my head hurt. His actions have been highly suspicious, but then he's a newbie. I'm finding it hard to tell if this behaviour is because he's a townie that's new to the game, or because he's scum that's new to the game. He's put himself in a position where he can't really justify his actions anymore. One thing that doesn't sit well with me is that when he does try to justify his actions, he seems to change his story each time.

Newbie or no - that doesn't imbue me with confidence that he's town-orientated. On top of that, he's becoming a distraction to the town.

I'm going with Vote: Stefl1504 for now.

For Final-Fan: I'm not entirely sure what to make of Nikells at this point. He's active and he's put across a number of arguments, although neither of these automatically convince me that he's protown. The worst feeling I get from him is that he seems to be playing it safe - for example, he says in his last post that he no longer has doubts about lynching Stelf, but that he would still like to hear others input before voting. I don't know if this means anything though - also this is only his first and a bit game (he was killed off Night1 in his first game.)

I do agree with him in that I want to hear impressions from the following: Kingfate, Scifi-Boy, Falcon.

I would also like to hear what people think of these three - to me Kingfate seems to have been the most active, as far as I'm concerned Falcon is next in line to be modkilled/replaced (unless that's Mario?), and I really don't like that I can't think of anything Scifi-Boy has said that's on-topic (granted I read his explanation for not being active, but he could still post something relevant.)

WoW has said it a couple of times already. When you vote put it on a separate line

OK, sorry I've been gone for the past few days, but I just got my internet back this morning and had school and work earlier so didn't have time to come on until now. Also, just finished reading through what I missed when I was gone. And out of everything the most suspicious post I've seen is this....

Nikells said:

When you voted for him initially it was because "you thought his avatar looked untrustworthy" which seemed kind of a joke vote back then.
But now the game has started proper and you seem to be sticking to your vote despite the flimsy reasoning.

So here is how I'm feeling right now:

I am somewhat in agreement with theRepublic that we should lynch someone today: just not that it should be someone random who has done nothing wrong yet.

I'm starting to think we should lynch either supermario128 or stefl1504. If the one we lynch turns up guilty, unless someone else becomes more suspicious, we lynch the other one the following day.

If the lynched turns up innocent tomorrow that at least gives us a clearer picture of the other 2. If we lynch Falcon, or no-one, we'll have nothing to go on in the morning.

If they both turn up guilty after we lynch them we then lynch theRepublic: who also jumped on the vote for Falcon with no proof.

Thoughts?

Suggesting we lynch either me or Stefl and then the other one the next day even if one of us turns out innocent? To me it seems like he just wants people gone. I think FF was right in questioning this and I'll go ahead and...

Vote: Nikells

..until we learn more.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
supermario128 said:

OK, sorry I've been gone for the past few days, but I just got my internet back this morning and had school and work earlier so didn't have time to come on until now. Also, just finished reading through what I missed when I was gone. And out of everything the most suspicious post I've seen is this....

Nikells said:
-When you voted for him initially it was because "you thought his avatar looked untrustworthy" which seemed kind of a joke vote back then.
-But now the game has started proper and you seem to be sticking to your vote despite the flimsy reasoning.
-So here is how I'm feeling right now:
-I am somewhat in agreement with theRepublic that we should lynch someone today: just not that it should be someone random who has done nothing wrong yet.
-I'm starting to think we should lynch either supermario128 or stefl1504. If the one we lynch turns up guilty, unless someone else becomes more suspicious, we lynch the other one the following day.
-If the lynched turns up innocent tomorrow that at least gives us a clearer picture of the other 2. If we lynch Falcon, or no-one, we'll have nothing to go on in the morning.
-If they both turn up guilty after we lynch them we then lynch theRepublic: who also jumped on the vote for Falcon with no proof.
-Thoughts?

Suggesting we lynch either me or Stefl and then the other one the next day even if one of us turns out innocent? To me it seems like he just wants people gone. I think FF was right in questioning this and I'll go ahead and...
 ..until we learn more.

I believe you misread his post.  I read that as:  We lynch one of you and lynch the other if the first one turns up guilty; and even if the first one was innocent we get valuable data. 

And why do you say I questioned that?  I have no recollection of such and nor did I see myself doing that when I skimmed the thread just now. 

P.S.  Hey cool, I can see dsister's old avatar in the old posts [my old post] in Rich Text Reply, even though it was just a blank with an "X" on the regular page.  Let me see what it is after I post this... [edit:  still blank.  Neato.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

^^

You said you were suspicious of him at first here and I assumed it was mostly from that post. I just have a feeling that he could be scum much like my feeling of Falcon on Day One. Its a little bit stronger than with Falcon though and I'm still suspicious of Falcon.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

SM128: I just noticed that you didn't respond to or acknowledge my first (more important) point at all. Would I be wrong in presuming that you concede that point? If you do, do you still suspect Nikells and, if so, why?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

dsister44 said:

That's going above and beyond what it takes? o.O No! What I did for Nordlead last game was going above and beyond. Saying I would let some stuff slide because he is a noob is not...

OK perhaps I overreacted a bit to this. It did seem to me like you'd defended Stefl before this post, but looking back I think I was confusing this with the posts you made about supermario's internet problems. 
I can understand where you're coming from as I have mixed feelings about Stefl myself. It's entirely possible he could just be really impatient.

What are your thoughts on Stefl1504 and supermario128, do they seem anti-town to you?

supermario128 said:

Nikells said:
I'm starting to think we should lynch either supermario128 or stefl1504.
If the one we lynch turns up guilty, unless someone else becomes more suspicious, we lynch the other one the following day.

..until we learn more.

As Final-Fan has said: I obviously didn't make this clear enough and you've misunderstood me.

I can see how that would make me seem incredibly guilty and can completely understand why you voted for me in this situation.

But now this has been clarified are you still going to keep trying to lynch me?

trangentspree said:
The worst feeling I get from him is that he seems to be playing it safe - for example, he says in his last post that he no longer has doubts about lynching Stelf, but that he would still like to hear others input before voting. I don't know if this means anything though - also this is only his first and a bit game (he was killed off Night1 in his first game.)

I just don't want to vote too early on and risk more people voting the same and ending the day before I've had a chance to hear everybody's take on things. There are a lot of people that I haven't heard nearly enough from yet.

At this point I don't think it's possible for the day to end prematurely. If you vote and a bunch of people rush in with their votes and end the day, SO BE IT.

If you have someone you're comfortable with voting (all else being equal), VOTE THAT PERSON.

This goes for everyone -- today, anyway.

P.S. I do, however, agree there are several people that need to participate more, but that should not stop you at this point. We had some good fortune in that nobody died yesterday. So even if they lurk for today, if we have someone we all want to lynch we should lynch that one. Because this day is starting to really drag out IMO. And, in a way, it gives us suspects for tomorrow.