By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Violence in Melbourne, it's getting out of hand.

So as I'm driving home from work today, I get a call from my brother, he tell's me my cousin is in hospital with a blood pool in his brain and his covered in cut's and bruises. Him and his friends were leaving a party and as they got outside, they were attacked by 20 guy's carrying plank's, pipes and one had a knife. It was 20 vs 4, they bashed my cousin's and his friend's so badly that if it wasn't for some people who came to help them, they mostly likely could've been killed.

My cousin has blood pooling in his brain, his speaking in tongues and his eyes are rolling back into his head. Friend no. 1 is breaking out into fits and can't even remember who he his. Friend no. 2 has his jaw dislocated so badly that his now has to have plastic surgery to save his face. Friend No. 3 is covered in cut's and bruises and has a mild concussion. These kid's are fourteen years old. 

I started talking to people, making some call's to find out what happened. I've found out that the 20 guy's are a group 18 year old Australian guy's who gate crashed the party.

This all happened last night, I've only found out the names of two guy's and I'm still looking.

This may be one incident, but I don't even go into the city any more because of these random attack's that happen every night. There have been so many people who have been stabbed in the last year while at club's that it's ridiculous. I had a glass smashed over my head in last year, which led to stitches and scar, a fight broke out and more people were hurt.

A gang culture has developed in Melbourne and I honestly sit at home a lot more now just because my friends and I can't be bothered dealing with any more night out bullshit. This may happen in other countries, but the growth in street violence and bar fights in the last year are staggering.

Yeah, so.. do go through any of this shit where you live? What do you think's the best way to put an end to it?

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

Damn, my brother is currently studying in the University of Melbourne and I hope none of this BS happen to him. didn't know the situation was so bad in Melbourne.

Hope your cousin and his friends get better.

Skinheads are still common in melbourne???
they were more brutal than gangs nowadays...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!