By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSM3: RFoM 2 in '08, Syphon Filter PS3 in '09, Far Cry ps3 port, and more

Here's the good stuff from PSM3 (via Ripten.com):

However, there’s more exciting stuff. Firstly, Infinity Ward are rumoured to be working on an all new IP, expected to hit in 2009. Second, a next-gen Hitman should be coming in the Summer of 2008, and thirdly Ubisoft Montreal are bringing Far Cry to the PS3 in 2008, possibly even early 2008, but at the moment are working on Prince of Persia (!).

Yet, perhaps even more exciting than this is that Insomniac are in full swing with Resistance 2, with its global unvieling happening early next year and Insomniac hoping to release the game late 2008. That is insane. A strong PS3 game every year without fail just shows how incredibly talented those guys at Insomniac are. At this rate Resistance 2 might even release before Metal Gear Solid 4 (I jest). Finally, the magazine states that Sony is busting their butts to have Syphon Filter for PS3 ready to release in 2009.

Around the Network

You know what's sad. I know the Farcry series is actually a repsectable series... but after that Wii port i can't hear or read "Farcry" without shuttering.

They'd of done better to of just direct ported Faceball 2000.

wow, is that possible?
That would be rushing the hell out of it

Good news for 360 and ps3 for those new games, cant wait

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Are any of those third party games exclusive? Is it a new Far Cry or just a PS3 port?

You know what the PS3 needs? Parappa the Rappa PS3 version! I may consider a PS3 if that game came out with next gen graphics

Around the Network
eugene said:
You know what the PS3 needs? Parappa the Rappa PS3 version! I may consider a PS3 if that game came out with next gen graphics

I would actually download it if they made it a PSN game. Don't know about paying full $60 for it though

VGChartz forums: the new gamefaqs

If Resistance 2 releases before MGS4 then Sony and Konami FAIL.

If Gears of War 2 releases before Killzone 2 there is also a problem because the original Gears of War and Killzone 2 were both the show stoppers at E3 2005.

Resistance 2 will make a good edition to next year's line-up.

PS3 exclusive '08 line-up as it stands (only the good ones):

White Knight Story
Metal Gear Solid 4
Tekken 6
LittleBigPlanet
Socom Confrontation
Resistance 2
Gran Turismo 5
MotorStorm 2

Other '08 titles that COULD be good:

Killzone 2
The Getaway 3

Tentative '08 releases that will probably get delayed to '09:

FFXIII
Infamous
Heavy Rain
WarDevil

Add to that list all the multiplats like GTAIV and DMC4, and it will be a great year to own a ps3.

eugene said:
If Gears of War 2 releases before Killzone 2 there is also a problem because the original Gears of War and Killzone 2 were both the show stoppers at E3 2005.

They haven't even started working on Gears 2, to my knowledge. They've been to busy porting Gears 1 to the pc, and finishing up the ps3/pc versions of UT3.

Actually, they've probably just started working on Gears 2, along with the UT3 360 port, as the ps3 version of UT3 just went gold, and the pc verisons of Gears and UT3 were rleased a month ago.