By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Did I make a mistake?! Help me out....

SO, I'm well educated as to the 360's reliability issues.  I knew them going in, so need for snide remarks, thanks!

That said, I bought the extended warranty from Best Buy.  "If your controller breaks, we won't just replace the controller, we'll replace the whole thing!"

Sounded good, and I wanted the extra protection.

BUT, then I opened my box, and saw that for the same price, I can get an extended FULL warranty from MS as well.  Then I started thinking about my Harddrive.  If something does break, and I go to Best Buy for the replacement, will they let me keep my harddrive?  If they won't, that's the cheese...  I know that when a 360 goes in for RRoD repair, they send back a new/different console, but stick your harddrive onto it.

SO, does anyone know if best buy will let me keep my Harddrive?  I think I can still "return" the warranty and then get the same coverage via MS...

Thanks in advace. 

Around the Network

probably not if its through best buy cause they will just exchange a new one with you ,but your still covered by microsoft. If you go through Microsoft, they even tell you not to send your hard drive to them.

Go ask them. I would *assume* they would let you keep your HDD. But I'd just make sure about it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.