By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 outsells it's predecessor!

I see this game hitting 5mil when all is said and done.

As an owner of both, I'm glad to have contributed in my own small way.

For every generation, there's a genre-defining Naughty Dog franchise.

Around the Network

Brilliant news! Uncharted 2 is my favourite game of this gen to date, so its great to see it selling so well. I think 5 million is certainly a possibility, lets hope it gets there!
It still seems to be selling for full price here (although it may have gone down from €44.99 to €42.99 in HMV, though that is hardly a big drop).

kitler53 said:
nice!! 5 million is very possible imo as uncharted 2 still sells for near full price and will no doubt have a greatest hits release one of these days.

I think they'll do a GOTY edition this Fall and then GH next year.

Congratulation Uncharted 2!!!

it's especially nice as U2 was able to do this at full price whereas a bunch of U1 sales were done as a bundle or as a platinum hit title so U2 brought a lot more money than U1 already...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Very well deserved.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

great sales for a awesome game. congrats ND

this is real good for a game that has set a new benchmark for graghics and gameplay. (25 perfect reveiw scores and game of the yr. mostly everyware its been reveiwed or palyed. 3m+ and counting.)

i have both and love them like they deserve... really sad that they don't get much more sales... for you people that says that is waiting for a price cut, its a legit move by you, but if i can say, both games are worth the money...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Congrats to Naughty Dog. They made a pretty incredible game and have earned the praise they've received for the franchise. It's definitely one of the best of the gen. If PS3 sales keep up and word of mouth continues to praise Uncharted 2 I don't see it having much of a problem reaching 4.5-5 million units sold.