By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infinity Ward still imploding (More people leave)

More Key Departures Reportedly At Infinity Ward

Two lead developers no longer with the studio.

April 5, 2010 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 developer Infinity Ward has lost two more key members.

Lead Designer Todd Alderman and Lead Software Engineer Francesco Gigliotti are no longer with the company, according to the pair's recently updated LinkedIn profiles. The reason for their departure is not yet known at this time. A source close to the studio told Kotaku that both Alderman and Gigliotti have resigned, though that information has yet to be confirmed.

Alderman and Gigliotti spent nearly eight years together at Infinity Ward. According to Alderman's profile, he primarily focused on developing the studio's multiplayer portions of their games, which date back to the original Call of Duty released in 2003.

This news comes just one month after publisher Activision sacked studio founders Vince Zampella and Jason West for breach of contract, though the exact details and reasoning of their firings remain unknown. Zampella and West shortly thereafter filed a lawsuit against Activision over the rights of the Call of Duty series, which is still ongoing.

Around the Network

Damn, now I know not to expect much from MW3.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Activision is going to learn the hard way that company names mean nothing if all the talent leaves. I love it when publishers try to flex their muscles, only for their employees to leave and join smaller start-ups.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=106187&page=1#