By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What style do you want the next 3D Mario game to take?

With a second SMG game coming next month,after this do you think it should return to the lines of Mario 64 or should we see galaxy 3?

Around the Network

Sunshine 2!!!

O-D-C said:
Sunshine 2!!!

Hm I actually much prefer the 2D ones... That said out of the 3d styles I have liked Galaxy the most, it seemed to keep me on my toes with all the different styles of play it had in it. For the next one I guess I would not want a huge change form the Galaxy ones.

We've had Mario Land, Mario World, and Mario Galaxy. The only logical place to go is Super Mario Olympus. It's a Mario Game set in Olympus with all of the Greek Gods. I think that it's feasible.

Around the Network

I want the next 3D Mario to appear on the 3DS, but I want to see it take an entirely new, unique form that's still true to its roots. What I mean is that it would be the 3D equivalent of Mario Land 1 and 2 - both are very much Mario platformers at heart, but each one contains original material and ideas that have yet to be revisited in any subsequent Mario game. Anyone that really likes 2D Mario but hasn't played those games are doing themselves a disservice.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
I want the next 3D Mario to appear on the 3DS, but I want to see it take an entirely new, unique form that's still true to its roots. What I mean is that it would be the 3D equivalent of Mario Land 1 and 2 - both are very much Mario platformers at heart, but each one contains original material and ideas that have yet to be revisited in any subsequent Mario game. Anyone that really likes 2D Mario but hasn't played those games are doing themselves a disservice.

I enjoyed the land ones Got to use the  Marine Pop and Sky Pop and we met Wario and Dasiy!

what i want to see in the new mario is a powe up system similar to SMB3, where u can choose which and when you want to use the different power ups, having and item box just like in SMB3
I wouldnt like to see a new galaxy or sunshine imo

SmoothCriminal said:
We've had Mario Land, Mario World, and Mario Galaxy. The only logical place to go is Super Mario Olympus. It's a Mario Game set in Olympus with all of the Greek Gods. I think that it's feasible.

I like the idea but people may consider the game to similar to Kid Icarus.

Well I would like to see a game in which Yoshi is the protagonist and Mario makes a cameo appearance. The Yoshi tribe Geeford is situated near Mt Volmonocross. Mt Volmonocross erupts and the tribe retreat to Magikoopa territories. They discover that the Magikoopas are trying to obtain all twelve of the Egg keys so that they can discover the mysteries of their land. The Yoshi Tribe must stop them at all costs. The antagonist of this game should be new.