By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Style of Games Do my Nintendo Brethren Like To Play Most?

Platformers here followed by RPG's (Turn based and Action only) Alot of other games I prefer to play mostly with friends-racing-VS-Party Style games. I am not even sure what some of the styles are called anymore. Whatever Top down Zeldas and Metroid fall under.

Around the Network

Turn based stuff mostly, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Civilization, Heroes of Might and Magic
Also platformers
I like survival horror but I'm kinda picky
I love beat em up games if I'm in the right mood

For multiplayer it's mostly Brawl, Kart and shooters

Action adventure is still my favorite genre I like to play. Obviously means Zelda, but spans over to the mini-genres underneath it such as survival horror games. There really aren't many "true" action-adventure games left if you ask me, but there is still a good amount coming. Also sometimes don't see too many differences between some action-RPGs and action adventures but oh well haha.

Second favorite genre is platformers and I've been in for quite a surprise this generation with plenty of games in the genre I've enjoyed. After that probably shooters. Then somewhere below that RPGs. Every other genre is pretty moderate (such as action games, sports, racers, strategy, music, puzzle, etc) with me only playing a few of those kinds of games a year. I guess action genre is pretty vague, but essentially means any game that isn't a shooter or adventure, at least by today's standards.

if it has Nintendo on the box thats all I need

RPGs, RPGs, and more RPGs. Usually Western RPGs, but every now and then I like a JRPG.

Around the Network

I would have to say that my gaming through the years has consisted mainly of FPS, RPG, and RTS. Now I still enjoy those styles of gaming, but the Wii has broadened my gaming to where now I play just about everything as long as its not shovelware.

Platformers, Arcade Racing titles, Action Adventure titles, Turn-based Strategy/SRPG, Arcade Sports titles(think SSX, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Mario Tennis), and party titles have grown on me lately.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Action-Adventure is what I'm best at. I also like platformers, fighters,Wii Sports Resort and other party games.

Action Adventure (Metroidvanias, Zelda like, Okami) and 2D Platformers for me. Simple 2D action (Contra, or Gradius style) are also liked for when I am watching TV that's not quite good enough to give me exclusive attention, as they don't take too much concentration away from the show.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)

Platformers, racing, action/adventure, fightining and FPS(very picky on this one)

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!