By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we stop using the word "ever"?

I mean.. every time a new game comes out, the forums burst open with "this is the best game ever" or "this has the best graphics ever" etc. It feels so shallow. I mean, can we really say "ever", as in we've played every game ever released, and we can compare honestly with all the games in history? And how come the people who post these things change their minds so easily?

(Example only)

June 2008: MGS4 is the best game ever
February 2009: Killzone 2 is the best game ever
November 2009: Uncharted 2 is the best game ever
March 2010: Final Fantasy 13 is the best game ever
March 2010 (again): God of War 3 is the best game ever

Can we use "ever" a little more strictly? Do we really need to exaggerate every single time we play a game? I doubt that these games are really the best ever, and I doubt that we are the people best suited to make these claims, and I doubt that the title of "best game ever" can change so easily.

Around the Network

duh isn't it obvious... these games are the best ever because games are getting better and better, metacritic proves it.

No, I don't think we should stop.

I promise I will never use the word again... ever.

Well...........these are all PS3 games you mentioned.
That might have something to do with it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Id like to add "FAR" and "Superior" to that list.

"bla bla bla has FAR more bla bla bla"
"bla bla bla is FAR more SUPERIOR than bla bla bla"

I can tell you are trying to avoid a flame war of some kind, smartest move ever.

SaviorX said:
Well...........these are all PS3 games you mentioned.
That might have something to do with it.

he's doing it on purpose because the systems under his name = PC, PS3. I don't believe he's trying to create a flamebait, that's for sure.

@OP

@TWRoO

metacritics doesn't prove that. They're really not in that order :

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

N'ever'!

May the adjustments be with you

I feel a disturbance in the sales