By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Law Abiding Engineer -TF2

I thought the movie was awesome, and now it just became a whole lot better.

Around the Network

LOL very nice. Now if I ever watch this movie, I won't be able to take it seriously haha.

awesome

Why is this posted in the PC section? it's a multiplatform game..

The Split Screen Version to give an idea how it was made.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Nice

Around the Network
sega4life said:

Same reason news about Halo in general goes in the 360 forum, even if 2 of the games are on the PC. I am not gonna pretend Halo has anything to do with the PC, but no one should lie to themselves and somehow think TF2 is nothing more than a cheap port to the 360 and even a worse port to the PS3.

mirgro said:
sega4life said:

Same reason news about Halo in general goes in the 360 forum, even if 2 of the games are on the PC. I am not gonna pretend Halo has anything to do with the PC, but no one should lie to themselves and somehow think TF2 is nothing more than a cheap port to the 360 and even a worse port to the PS3.

Should be in the gaming section regardless, and I'm sorry the 360 version is not a cheap port, plays the same and looks the same -user maps, I own both, can't say for PS3 version.

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:
mirgro said:
sega4life said:

Should be in the gaming section regardless, and I'm sorry the 360 version is not a cheap port, plays the same and looks the same -user maps, I own both, can't say for PS3 version.

You do realize that the user maps, mods, and other content is a huge part of the game right? I also don't remember, since I haven't seen it for a while, but isn't the 360 version behind in updates as well, or did it finally catch up to the PC after all this time? Whichever way you slice it, it's a PC game through and through. Just like Halo is a 360 franchise through and through.

mirgro said:
sega4life said:
mirgro said:
sega4life said:

You do realize that the user maps, mods, and other content is a huge part of the game right? I also don't remember, since I haven't seen it for a while, but isn't the 360 version behind in updates as well, or did it finally catch up to the PC after all this time? Whichever way you slice it, it's a PC game through and through. Just like Halo is a 360 franchise through and through.

You seem to missing the point that Team Fortress 2 is a Multiplatform game

It doesn't matter if user content is a huge part of the PC game, the point is you can play Team Fortress 2 on 360 and PS3 hence: multiplatform game.

I play 2fort all night and day on PC, can't remember the last time I played a custom map, if you look at populated maps on TF right now, most people play on original maps.

Side note:

don't know why you saying Halo is a 360 franchise, didn't even start on 360, but rather xbox.

And Halo at first, was going to be for MAC, bought by MS and released on Xbox, then went to PC, and even MAC = Multiplatform game.

sega4life said:

You seem to missing the point that Team Fortress 2 is a Multiplatform game

It doesn't matter if user content is a huge part of the PC game, the point is you can play Team Fortress 2 on 360 and PS3 hence: multiplatform game.

I play 2fort all night and day on PC, can't remember the last time I played a custom map, if you look at populated maps on TF right now, most people play on original maps.

Side note:

don't know why you saying Halo is a 360 franchise, didn't even start on 360, but rather xbox.

And Halo at first, was going to be for MAC, bought by MS and released on Xbox, then went to PC, and even MAC = Multiplatform game.

It's as much multiplatform as FFXIII yet there are countless , except that it also lacks huge chunks of the current game. You didn't answer my question about the updates either by the way.

Just because you like to play 2fort deosn't really mean there aren't user created maps. I end up in them every so often on servers that actually have map rotations. Which brings me to my next point. When was the last time you didn't play on a server with HLstatx? Or map vote, which is only there because of community mods?

The console versions have less than 3/4 of the game, and don't even get all the updates and when they do they actually pay for them. Calling the 360 version a cheap port is actually an overstatement.

Also why don't you go troll all the countless FFXIII threads that are in the PS3 forums? What about all those MW2 threads in the Microsoft forum? Don't even get me started on Mss Effect 2. I can make a far better case why those should not be there than you ever will be about why TF doesn't belong in the PC forum.