By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers : 11/12 - 11/18

DMeisterJ said:
For all of you americans in this post... Doesn't this remind you of the 2000 election with Bush and Gore and how everyone was saying that this one was elected, that one was elected, and so on?

Back on topic, I'd definetly believe famitsu over MC since Fam's and VGC's match up, it has to be right. Well, it doesn't have to but I believe it is right, since they are so close together.

Not really... because the people on this site aside from like... Diomedes and Leo-J are saying the both track 60% of the market... so they are both about equally accurate the number is likely going to be somewhere in the middle most months... unless some factor causes them both to overtrack, both to undertrack.

Really it's a shame with the month to month they also don't do a LTD amount.  Since with all of the adjustments that are made to data like this... it is a definite that adding every month together isn't going to get you the correct amount.  Yes... even MC, Famitsu and NPD alter past data to make it more accurate just like VGChartz.

Around the Network
jhlennon1 said:
Vgcharts - 55k
Famitsu - 53k
Media Create - 39k

LOL. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth most likely.

Of course Media Create is probably the most accurate one but I guess I'm willing to compromise.  45k sound good the rest of yall haha.

DMeisterJ said:
For all of you americans in this post... Doesn't this remind you of the 2000 election with Bush and Gore and how everyone was saying that this one was elected, that one was elected, and so on?

Back on topic, I'd definetly believe famitsu over MC since Fam's and VGC's match up, it has to be right. Well, it doesn't have to but I believe it is right, since they are so close together.

You just want to believe it because it puts PS3 higher, but regardless of who is right, I am right, I said PS3 was falling and would be back below Wii soon, and I was right

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

It's funny how people like Diomedes and Leo-J go by media create as if it was a religion but if ioi lowered the numbers closer to the Media create numbers where they belong, they would have a fit over it. Just like all the people who complained about the 360 being overtracked by 200k, ioi eventually lowered it this week anyways, in spite of his short lived belief that his numbers were closer than NPDs.

Might as well change them, fair is fair regardless of the size in difference :)

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

darthdevidem said:
Please I think ENOUGH Diomedes bashing

No such thing!

His mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries. 

Around the Network

Just a reminder:

The Latest Famitsu chart was base on the track between 11/11 ~ 11/17
And Media Create chart was base on the track between 11/12 ~ 11/18

Now you may ask, what's the difference?

Well, consider the fact that PS3 40G released in Japan at 11/11

End of story

[EDIT] I hate the stupid TCP ERROR on my mobile broadband

[EDIT2] My bad, just ignore this one. The weekly chart of Famitsu was tracking from 11/12 - 11/18 just the SAME as Media Create. So my original point of view is not only over simplify, but also flaw.

Diomedes1976 said:
Well ,maybe they are lower .Famitsu tends to overtrack a bit ,specially Nintendo products ,but there has been some weeks here and there when there have been great disparities in PS3 hardware between MC and Famitsu .Namely the release of Hot Shots Golf and this one .MC is usually more accurate ,it has tracking of 90% of stores and Famitsu about 80% for consoles after their own webpage so ...

In any case I havent seen the MC create numbers for hardware anywhere outside this post ,they are usually posted in friday .If those are legit maybe the number should be changed but usually it isnt changed at all when MC puts the PS3 some thousands above so ....

Yeah, but regardless, you usually throw a fit over it since they aren't. What's that?  Silence?  Strange....you seem really passive this time, wonder why?  The bold says it all.  Priceless.  Anyways, I would put my finger on something a little closer to famitsu and vg, like other people said about the specialized stores, parents do go to those during holiday season when they are getting presents, they do it somewhere they can buy presents for everyone....maybe that could factor in.  Just a thought.  I'm really liking how VG and Famitsu both came so close, that has gotta say something...hopefully something good ( I think so personally).  

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

samho,
Just a reminder:

The Latest Famitsu chart was base on the track between 11/11 ~ 11/17
And Media Create chart was base on the track between 11/12 ~ 11/18

Now you may ask, what's the difference?

Well, consider the fact that PS3 40G released in Japan at 11/11

End of story

===> Is it so simple ????????

Time to Work !

No, I guess not, and unfortunately I just double check the Famitsu weekly chart and found out that the latest weekly chart from Famitsu in this year was start from 11/12 to 11/18, so I better take my own word back

But thanks for point it out.