By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What religion are you in?

@Vengi said:
I'm really glad this hasn't turned into the type of "debate" that occurs on most internet forums, actual faith discussions only work well in an environment of mutual respect which is rarely found on the internet.
However it's very interesting to see such a diverse cross section of faiths and ideologies on this forum.

O_o    totally agree, you take the words from my mouth

Around the Network

Sorry, Rath, it was you and I must've misread your post (reading quickly on an iPhone screen in the middle of a science lesson can lead to reading errors).

And, yeah, I know many strong athiests, but the majority of people that I know are weak athiests.

It's really quite odd. Because during my younger child years my parents used to teach me kind of Christian ideas and the entire idea of God, but they never believed in it themselves. They done it with my younger brothers (2 of them, for those interested) aswell. I think it was all about growing up with very pro-family views.

Although it kind of back fires when my youngest brother casts Christians in the same sort of category as those who still believe in father christmas and the easter bunny! (we set him straight on that don't worry).

SamuelRSmith said:

Although it kind of back fires when my youngest brother casts Christians in the same sort of category as those who still believe in father christmas and the easter bunny! (we set him straight on that don't worry).

What exactly is the difference between the two beliefs except one is taught as the sacred truth which we may not question?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Islam

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Game_boy the difference is that people swear by their lives with Christianity, and not father christmas.

At the age of which he is, he, and his friends start mocking people who still believe in father christmas. If he starts mocking Christians it can land him in a lot of trouble.

You know how much noise Christians can make ;)

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Game_boy the difference is that people swear by their lives with Christianity, and not father christmas.

At the age of which he is, he, and his friends start mocking people who still believe in father christmas. If he starts mocking Christians it can land him in a lot of trouble.

You know how much noise Christians can make ;)

Well, yes, but religion deserves to be criticised like any other theory ever put forward. If there is no more objective evidence for God than Santa, why should religion be given extra protection just because people believe it? What about Russell's Teapot?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:
SamuelRSmith said:

What exactly is the difference between the two beliefs except one is taught as the sacred truth which we may not question?

The Bible actually purports itself to be true at certain parts, as a historical, albeit divinely inspired, account of past events and teachings. 

Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny are just fun ideas. Their portrayal differs according to different cultures and the story is constantly being updated to match changes in culture and new ideas.  Consider Rudolph, no one cares that he didn't exist with the historical saint Nicholas, he's still a lot of fun.

I'm a Muslim... hopefully that will put this thread back on track...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Atheist

I'm a --Hindu--

Well we've got LOADs of atheists havn't we....lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million