By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Latest Edge Magazine Scores - SMG, Mass Effect, Crysis

Duckaluck said:
cringer8 said:
Duckaluck said:
A good score for Uncharted , I'll buy Zack and Wiki for my little sister, because I hate that crap, but I know she will enjoy it!

Z&W is not a game for your little sister.  After the first few levels, she will be completely stumped (unless she's at least in highschool).  But do buy the game.  Let her clear the annoying easy "intro" puzzles, then you can take over and discover what a terrific game it is.

BTW, I'm 28 and I consider myself to be pretty intelligent, and I've had to use hints more times than I'd like to admit ;)

She has played through Paper Mario and Zelda without help. So she will be fine.

Ahahah!  Oh god, that one got me.  Zack & Wiki is one the most difficult games made this generation Duckaluck.  There are few games more challenging.  Super Paper Mario and Zelda are laughably easy.   I will be impressed if you could beat it without help. It took 3 people (me and two friends) 2 hours to beat the last level of that game and we are all intelligent college students in our early 20s.  Zack & Wiki makes Uncharted look like a kids game.

Around the Network

@naznatips

Is it harder than Riven or Myst? BTW, thanks NOE for making us wait another month to play it.

omgwtfbbq said:
I think they just like to rank down big name games, but score lesser known games more generously. Which is why something like Bladestorm and Mutant Storm Empire (? never heard of it) can outrank Assassins Creed and Mass Effect.

they want to be the hardest reviewers

naznatips said:
Duckaluck said:
cringer8 said:
Duckaluck said:
A good score for Uncharted , I'll buy Zack and Wiki for my little sister, because I hate that crap, but I know she will enjoy it!

Z&W is not a game for your little sister.  After the first few levels, she will be completely stumped (unless she's at least in highschool).  But do buy the game.  Let her clear the annoying easy "intro" puzzles, then you can take over and discover what a terrific game it is.

BTW, I'm 28 and I consider myself to be pretty intelligent, and I've had to use hints more times than I'd like to admit ;)

She has played through Paper Mario and Zelda without help. So she will be fine.

Ahahah!  Oh god, that one got me.  Zack & Wiki is one the most difficult games made this generation Duckaluck.  There are few games more challenging.  Super Paper Mario and Zelda are laughably easy.   I will be impressed if you could beat it without help. It took 3 people (me and two friends) 2 hours to beat the last level of that game and we are all intelligent college students in our early 20s.  Zack & Wiki makes Uncharted look like a kids game.

zack and wiki i want to get that but will have to wait

routsounmanman said:
@naznatips

Is it harder than Riven or Myst? BTW, thanks NOE for making us wait another month to play it.

they said they wanted to give the game the time and advertisement it deserved

Around the Network
eugene said:
Mass Effect scored less than Bladestorm? One of the best games was scored than one of the worst games ever made? Crazy

while i do agree that mass effect scoring lower then bladestorm is crazy i wouldn say blade storm is one of the worst games ever made

tabsina said:
i haven't really trusted EDGE ever since the 7 for metroid, yes, even when they gave the game that got me interested in wii (and the reason i bought it), super mario galaxy, a 10, i still don't trust them as a reliable review source

they want to be the hardest reviewers

ssj12 said:
ameratsu said:
 ssj12 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Ive never agreed with edge, didnt think Halo deserved a 10 (in the 9s is good) its harsh reviews on bioshock and metroid, and now Mass effect and AC

What type of games do those crazy people like, bladestorm scoring above Mass effect? WTF

seriously
WTF
WTF
WHAT IN HELL?

oh and if UT3 ends up lower then Halo 3 its official that reviewers are jack arses.

it's obvious that in reviews that Halo 3 will easily beat Unreal Tournament 3. No question.

I don't think most of you would care if Uncharted would of got a 7 from Edge. Really though, take reviews in general with a grain of salt. Edge ranked one of my favorite ps2 games ever a 6 (Dark Cloud 2). Big deal. 

Something people tend to not realize is that simply because a game scores higher than another, like Bladestorm scoring higher than Mass Effect, is not like saying Bladestorm > Mass Effect. Try to wrap your heads around this crazy concept, but they aren't scoring games vs. each other across genres.

which is sad when unreal has 1000 times the gameplay

yes but unreal has no single player

carlos710 said:
Great score for Z & W, higher than Mass Effect.

Mario galaxy with another great review.

Bad score for GH 3

i know how can they give GH3 a 6

OMG endurance you are on a quoting-roll!

True, what you said about Z&W, let's hope the SMG craze has subsided by then and, in conjuction with the natural European love for point and click adventures, this sells better than US and especially Japan!