By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What does MS have to announce at E3 for it to be its biggest year ever?

As we all know Microsoft has been saying over and over again that 2010 will be the biggest year in Xbox history.  My question to you guys is what does MS have to anounce in order for that to happen?  As we've seen lately the PS3 has gathered quite a bit of steam while the 360 has lost some in the Others regions and Japan.

My list for things that they have to announce for it to be their biggest year.

1.  Xbox 360 Slim, the Xbox is definatly in need of a hardware redisgn that will lower costs and increase profits.

2.  A VERY strong Natal lineup, and yes this includes CASUAL games, there needs to be a mix of hardcore games and family friendly ones.

3.  A strong dashboard update, theres lots of rumors about Hulu and a deal with ESPN.  Additions like these would be awesome!!!!!

4.  A huge sequel or remake,  Gears of War 3, Halo Wars 2, something in the Final Fantasy universe,  Grand Theft Auto 5 etc.  

5.  Obviously a good first party showing, we need to see something big from Rare, or MS Games Studio itself.

your thoughts?

Around the Network

MICROSOFT it again DO IT, DO YOU NEED TO WIN more followers
and will be impressive. AS has been doing these 5 years.
DO NOT underestimate the power of XBOX360. I would not
will be a bomb in the entertainment world. They are very quiet and it smells of something strong.

NACH360 said:

will be a bomb in the entertainment world. They are very quiet and it smells of something strong.

Are you speaking through a translator?

OT: You pretty much covered what's needed, Ben.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

There will be a lot big stuff. Except of the obvious announcments like 360 slim, Gears 3 and Natal stuff I would like to see something new from the FF Universe on the 360 :)

spartan117 said:
There will be a lot big stuff. Except of the obvious announcments like 360 slim, Gears 3 and Natal stuff I would like to see something new from the FF Universe on the 360 :)

FFXV timed exclusive on Xbox 360?!

Around the Network

Versus XIII on the 360. I would like to see that! :)

huaxiong90 said:
spartan117 said:

lol I don't see that happening anytime soon!  However I do think its a possibility that XIV will be on the 360 and that would be a sweet announcement.  So would Versus XIII but I'm pretty sure that will stay PS3 exclusive.  

huaxiong90 said:
spartan117 said:

I don't care about exclusives. If it goes to 360 it's fine for me ;)

NACH360 said:

So you're saying silent but violent?

Tease.

BenVTrigger said:
huaxiong90 said:
spartan117 said:

lol I don't see that happening anytime soon!  However I do think its a possibility that XIV will be on the 360 and that would be a sweet announcement.  So would Versus XIII but I'm pretty sure that will stay PS3 exclusive.  

I know, I said it as a joke.

Seeing the current sales trends, I'm pretty sure it will land on the Xbox 360.