By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Sales? A wakeup call?

dtewi said:
Actually Kwaad you've been saying since November 2006 that wii will die in the next 2 months.

Yep. I remember when we both were sub 50 posts and arguing about that. Oh how time flies.

Around the Network

@kwaad--anything under 15 hours of play is a short game

Kwaad was the first person I saw write on this site.
It's good to know his viewpoints haven't changed.
Wasn't Motorstorm the game where PS3 would finally knock the PS3 to first?

I think him and John Lucas should start the ultimate thread and
call it "THE TERRORDOME... THREAD OF DELUSION!"

I enjoy my systems.
PS3 had a great two weeks in Japan! Doing like it should!
SMG is pretty much on pace to sell 10 million copies by the systems end!
Wii Fit shouyld be a breakthrough for the industry.
and Microsoft whom I thought was dead, has risen from the ashes!
No one is killing the industry.
Everything is safe...

It's a great time to be a gamer.

Is it safe?

It's Safe.

So, on that note.
Someone post a taco... or a kitten...

Or beter yet... a small puppy Wheaten Terrier

THRILLHO...

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

wait a tick--how is it you stand (well sit there and type) there saying you wont own a wii but own Zelda for the Wii?

Well, I guess this is an improvement over,

"Domination begins when VF5, Motorstorm, HSG5, Lair, HS, R&C, Uncharted, *insert future game here*..."

Maybe not. 

Around the Network

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

mesoteto said:
wait a tick--how is it you stand (well sit there and type) there saying you wont own a wii but own Zelda for the Wii?

Well, if you know his history, Kwaad bought a Wii near launch. He may have sold it by now, but, he has always maintaned he purchased a Wii as some point.

Kwaad said:
Ok, enough battling with the Wii fanboys. This is why I hate this site. NIntendo is god, Everyone but nintendo is garbage. i'm going to go back to makeing money doing what I do. And having fun playing with my expensive toys. I just made mention of this, because I expected ALOT more sales from Mario than that. It just amazes me, that people say. "People are waiting to buy the games when they drop in price."

I just cant beleive that you guys defend nintendo like you do. What did nintendo ever do for you that makes you so damn loyal? Does nintendo pay all of you? Do you work for nintendo? It just dont make sense. Why do you want nintendo to win? They are destroying the game industry as we know it. If your a real gamer, you should be anti-nintendo. They are doing what EA did for years. If the future of games are Nintendo. I'll stick with my sony console, and get a 360. Because if the Wii is only gonna get 'blue ocean' games, it's not truely worth it to me anymore. I just seriously cant beleive the Wii fanatics here. That is why this site cant grow. Anyone who comes that dont obsess over the Wii, and denouce it as their god, can go screw a goat, and leave the site. At least that's how I feel when I am here. And it's not just when I post either. I lurk ALOT. Usually not even logged on. I just wanted to point that out before I left agian for awhile, becuase my connection speed sucks here in Laredo, so I'm gonna get off.

Kwaad, the point isn't about Wii being God, itsa about Wii being the trailblazer of the new market, the old console market is dying, and dying fast, you can't sustain a market which lives on high losses in the hopes that game sales will eventually be able to cover it, Nintendo is the only one that seems to realize that 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)