By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PS3 outsell the 360 before PS4 comes out?

I really think that it has a chance, currently many people still own a ps2 and havn't bough a ps3, with GT5 coming, PS3 will get a boost, and if Move and PS3D is succesful then it will surely pass it world wide. I hope a new Dragon Quest in the next two years, that will boost the sales in Japan possibly having ps3 top for 2 months. In it's Life time the PS3 will pass the 360 since it will still be up for sale whent he PS4 comes out.

what do you guys think?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

i think ps3 will pass 360 even before ps4 by a long time :P

I think so, I think MS will put out their new console first and the 360 sales will drop to basically nothing. Then it will be only 6 months of regular PS3 sales to pass it. So, possibly before the PS4, not before the next gen starts.

Edit: Dragon Quest on the PS3?

yes it willcause New xbox will release next year

Solid_Snake4RD said:

link please?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

No it wont

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

zgamer5 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

link please?

jst a prediction and most likely will come true

Simply impossible.

This is the best PS3 period since its release years ago, and it is under 360 in USA charts yet. That' s the biggest games market.

no. they're gonna have to take NA and that's not gonna happen.

Deidara89 said:
Simply impossible.

This is the best PS3 period since its release years ago, and it is under 360 in USA charts yet. That' s the biggest games market.

Some of the best PS2 games (FFX,MGS2, GTA3) came out when PS2 was still expensive, so just because you believe this is PS3's best year then just wait til it hits $199.  As one VGC member said, 70% of a consoles sale is when it's priced at $199.