By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Microsoft bleeding Sony on purpose?

NJ5 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Sony is kicking MS ass in japan and europe(in europe way more that the estimations here would make you believe).MS plans to take over,they explicitly said so,but it wont be so easy.

I don't think that you can claim that Sony is kicking Microsoft's ass in Europe when the XBox 360 has a 2 Million unit lead and is only being outsold by (approximately) 10,000 units per week; at that rate it would take Sony 4 years to catch the XBox 360.

I've been noticing that the definition of "Sony ass-kicking" has been getting softer and softer with time.

Lowering the bar of victory. They stole an idea from President Bush!

Around the Network
SlorgNet said:
eugene said:
Microsoft knows that they could do a death blow or at least significant damage if they followed with similar price cuts or at least bundle Halo 3 this holiday but their not. Why?

Microsoft has already lost $6.5 billion on their games venture since 2001, due to bad planning, dependence on FPS games and sheer corporate arrogance, so they're under lots of pressure to cut their losses. I'm not sure a price cut would help them at this point, though. Their hardware quality issues are what killed them in Europe and Japan, and there's no short-term fix for that.

Microsoft's position in the console market is surprisingly tenuous. They have no way to compete with the Wii at the low end, and they have no media strategy comparable to Sony's emphasis on BluRay and multimedia functionality. Add up sales of the PS2, PS3, Wii and 360, and Microsoft is still slogging along with about a quarter of world market share. And this is as good as it gets for the 360 - its lead in software will vanish, and go into reverse, as all those exclusives from Sony and Nintendo studios hit.

I was going to pick your post apart point by point. However, Dinner is almost ready and I'll just have to say your wrong.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Sony is bleeding pretty badly, when this generation started, I was worried about Sony as a threat to the Wii. Now I see the 360 is the only real threat to the Wii despite its no market in Japan.

I think most Sony fans have wisened up and realized the 360 is their best bet this generaiton.
At this point Sony is like someone who's been bitten by a zombie.  They aren't dead yet but it's only a matter of time.  I don't think the Wii and 360 are much in direct competition anymore.  They might be going after the same markets, but they're different enough that they aren't exactly head to head.  The PS3 and 360 were going head to head, but now it's more like boot to head.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I love the doom and gloom posts... so naive.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php