By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank looks expensive to make.

I think it will be fine because another game like it will not be on the PS3 for quite a while and it is being packed with PS3 in many bundles.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
.. Naughty Dog and Insomniac are 2nd party devs... they arent owned by Sony at all. They choose to make games only for Sony.

naughty dog is first party while insomniac is not (and to just to add, sucker punch is second party).  common misconception is that all three of those guys are in the same financial and business situation. 

jason rubin tried raising money for an ambitious project but was unable to and so he sold the company to sony last generation. 

you will hear insomniac boast about their seond party status.  they like having control over their development.  they couldnt win those small/medium business awards if they were owned by a big company like sony. Insomniac recently had a huge stage of growth, something very uncommon for first party developers. 

no one knows much about sucker punch as they have been silent long before e3 and ever since e3 (please another sly game with infamous).

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

before i forget. ratchet usually has legs, but that was lower than i expected. i still think it has a chance of hitting a million, but its not looking to good at this point. hopefully im proved wrong.

all ps3 owners have the duty (pun not intended) to get ratchet.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Never played it but it looks similar to 'Conker' to me, or am I also mad!?

I own the game and its great, over 30 hours of the best gaming on the PS3.