By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank looks expensive to make.

Anyone think they will sell enough to cover the production costs + marketing?

Around the Network

I do not. It flopped. Which is really to bad, as it looks like an incredible game.

It is too bad. I know they spent a ton on commercials as they ran constantly for like 2 weeks. They tried to set it up as a must have. They also spent a ton on Heavenly Sword and Lair marketing.

Not set up as a must have... it is a must have. It plays well, looks good, and it's fun.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

In this case I meant a "must have" as in the general public agreeing it is.

Around the Network

Flame me if you want, but I played the demo and wasn't impressed. Maybe I'm going crazy though.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

If it was on the Wii would it have done better?  proberbly

Seems R&C as a game is better suited to the Wii demographic, so maybe the next version may see it migrate  

Soriku said:
@Tab

Lol. Naughty Dog is owned by Sony. ND are first party, not third.

And every PS3 game is expensive to make...

It's not made by Naughty Dog, it's made by Insomniac...who are similarly owned by Sony.

The only way Ratchet & Clank would migrate is if Insomniac sold the franchise to Nintendo, or if Sony's game division went under and all their 2nd parties dispersed to the other consoles. Really, who expected Sonic to pop up on the Gamecube, let alone in the next Smash Bros. back when Dreamcast was still alive?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

.. Naughty Dog and Insomniac are 2nd party devs... they arent owned by Sony at all. They choose to make games only for Sony.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@loadedstatement:

I was also underwhelmed by the demo. So if you're going crazy, that makes two of us.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.