By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Official Release Date for Heavenly Sword and Lair

"Sony has denied that PS3 titles Lair and Heavenly Sword are due to arrive in May - despite a listing which says otherwise on the official PlayStation website." "...a spokesperson said, "Both those dates are wrong. We haven't got any release dates for those at the moment; they're just pencilled in for 2007." http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23945 I hope Microsoft hasn't pulled the same stunt for it's summer releases.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

they're just pencilled in for 2007
Does that mean 2008 then?

Good to see this site is still going 

May?? I never saw May as a release date for these games.. it was always TBA ("To Be Announced"). These games are gonna rock no matter when they come.

I thought lair was confirmed for this summer?

How could they release Lair and Heavenly Sword so soon? Where is the hype. They should show more stuff from the games. I am excited for Lair it seems so different, not many games are like that really. Heavenly Sword is probably the next big franchise it is going to compete with DMC4/God of war.

Around the Network

I alwasy thought Lair would be a May title and Heveanly Sword was going to be a fall title. I guess they're both going to be fall titles. Or maybe one for the summer.

It cant be good for software sales if all big sellers come at the same time. Bioshock,,MGS4,Super smash brawl,DMC4,Mario Galaxy, Halo 3. GTA IV, Killzone 2. The funny thing is that list is not even half of the big games that will come out Q3-Q4 the 2007. But I believe that Lair will come out during summer. The devs have said several times that they have done 90% of the game and waiting for Sony to tell them a date.

eViLj00 said: May?? I never saw May as a release date for these games.. it was always TBA ("To Be Announced"). These games are gonna rock no matter when they come.
Yeah, it was changed ages ago. Originally it was thought it would be March, then Lair said May, and then TBD. Heavenly Sword went from March to Q3 2007. Lair is looking like a summer release though, I've heard June/July quite often.