By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think we're entirely too well informed.

couchmonkey said:
Yeah, for some reason Nintendo hates demos. :P

I used to rent a lot of games, but with more money and less free time these days, I do tend to use the reviews to decide what to buy. That said, I'll totally pick up an armful of used games without worrying much about the reviews.

Why do they hate demos? I can't find anyone who knows.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network

the internet saved my life, i always read before buying a game or system

In the NES days I bought based on trying out a series at somebody's house.

In the SNES & Genesis era and onward I bought based on reviews and franchises.

The only game I ever ought based on the box was Tail Gator, a pretty good platfomer for GB, because I like alligators.

A few were bought because they were movie licenses. The only bad games I ever bought at non-budget price were Back to the Future 2&3 and Rocketeer. Oh and I'm going to get Shadow the Hedgehog eventually because I'm a Sonic fan and I might actually like it and it has the Chaotix in it.

I agree that without all the info, we'd probably have a lot of fun with games we otherwise wouldn't buy. But at the same time, were it not for reviews on the net, I'd never have discovered the awesomeness that is Zack & Wiki.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Also, if you're just looking at review scores you're doing it wrong. A good review tells you enough that you get a good idea of whether you'd like it regardless of what the score is.