By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Naughty Dog founder: "Natal might revolutionise more than gaming"

M$ is going to have a TALL mountain of expectation to climb for this device, so they had better be bringing their serious A game for this.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

So, Molyneux is praising Heavy Rain and Rubin is praising Natal. There may be hope for us, yet.

Hes not at Naughty Dog anymore and he isnt the founde, hes a co-founder:S

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

d21lewis said:
So, Molyneux is praising Heavy Rain and Rubin is praising Natal. There may be hope for us, yet.

It's nice to see, obviously you get the occasional fanboy dickish comment from devs, but for the most part they just enjoy games on all platforms.

heruamon said:
M$ is going to have a TALL mountain of expectation to climb for this device, so they had better be bringing their serious A game for this.

This is what worries me. I dont understand or see how this is going to really change our lives drastically like all of these people are saying. Its seriously being touted like its on par with the discovery of antibiotics, the microwave or even color TV.

I think something like this being trickled out and fine tuned before going all in the way MSFT appears to be would have been a better idea, but i guess we will see. I'd really like for people to stop saying how life altering and revolutionary its going to be across more than gaming and tell me why it will be.

Around the Network
ProdigyBam said:
Hes not at Naughty Dog anymore and he isnt the founde, hes a co-founder:S

LOL!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

I pretty much agree with them. I really don't think it'll be that revolutionary at all for gaming, at least for the hardcore, but could see it being great for non-gaming activities. Only time will tell...

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

d21lewis said:

Haha, tell that to the Gametrailers forums.

steverhcp02 said:
heruamon said:

This is what worries me. I dont understand or see how this is going to really change our lives drastically like all of these people are saying. Its seriously being touted like its on par with the discovery of antibiotics, the microwave or even color TV.

I think something like this being trickled out and fine tuned before going all in the way MSFT appears to be would have been a better idea, but i guess we will see. I'd really like for people to stop saying how life altering and revolutionary its going to be across more than gaming and tell me why it will be.

Hmmm...I'm not sure about this "changing our lives drastically" stuff, but I definitely see how Natal push us further along the line of interative experiences in gaming.  If you're looking for a life changing experience, you're probably better off going off for 6 months to a 1 year in some developing country and having a positive effect on the lives of some people in need.

LOL I dont know what im talking tbh
ich bin einfach mega drauf *__*

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY