By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should I pick up an XBOX 360 Elite for $AU200 (Usually $AU450)

Should I pick up an XBOX 360 Elite for $AU200 (Usually $AU450)

Yes, Go for it! 70 59.32%

Isn't a Wii and PS3 enough for you!? 13 11.02%

Wait for the 360 Slim 8 6.78%

Put the money towards more games 12 10.17%

Put the money towards the PS Move 8 6.78%

Buy it and sell it on ebay 7 5.93%

Total:118

So essentially my girlfriend has contacts and she can get the XBOX 360 Elite pack that comes with Mirror's Edge, Quantum of Solace, Pure and Lego Batman for $200 when it's currently retailing in Australia for $450.

Here's the link to the package in question: http://www.game.com.au/xbox-360-black-elite-4-games-bundle/xbox-360/XB3604GAMES5

Basically, I just recently picked up a PS3 and decided against the XBOX 360 because of things like lack of exclusives that I'd want (don't like Halo or Gears) but games like Alan Wake and Mass Effect do interest me, having to pay for LIVE and the lack of Wi-Fi.. So I ask you, you guys always give good advice! Is the more than 50% discount going to my head? (It's half the cost of a Wii in Australia for example) or is the $200 price really worth the experience I could have with an XBOX 360?

Also I was just wondering how much the Wi-Fi adapter costs and how much would live cost? 

Around the Network

If you don't want it, I'll buy it off you for $200 ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

i dk, i wouldn't bother.

I borrow my mates PS3 every once in a while.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'd say yes, definitely buy it. I'm a fellow Aussie so I know how cheap it $200 is.

You can probably trade the games in at jb hi fi or somewhere else towards getting a new game (e.g., alan wake). That way you get a 360 elite + alan wake for $200ish. Not bad imo.

Good deal, If you can find the time to play all three console then its worth it. The Wi-fi adaptor cost me $99 when I purchased it 2 1/2 years ago and depending on where you shop a 12 month Live subscription usually goes for around $80-$99.

Around the Network

err Gears is my #1 reason for 360... but you don't like it or halo....

200$ is less than 200USD right? in that case it's a good deal, the games look a bit crappy though.

I personnaly would not buy it for just alan wake and ME, especially since for the latter I have a good PC too.

If you're interested in LO, fable or some other exclusive... than that'll be 3 exclusive, it's my limit to buy (especially at a price that is equivalent to 100€)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

If you have a ps3 there is no point for a 360 lol.  The ps3 exclusives are on a whole nother level then any gaming platform in existence.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

you don't need a live subscription if halo and gears don't interest you.... just get the MP multiplats on you PS3.

(demos will be out for you one week later... big deal)

jhuff394 said:

If you have a ps3 there is no point for a 360 lol.  The ps3 exclusives are on a whole nother level then any gaming platform in existence.

your first point is ok..... but for the second one, you're adressing a guy who has an iwata avatar....

yeah dude get a 360 its got a lot of great games coming out this year and the possibility of a slime model coming and project natal