By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question for Wii owners

wii+remote(play)+zelda=~340 EURO

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Wii: $250 (No sales tax in Alaska)

Zelda: $50

Bags of Candy and Tons of Soda: Too much to count

380 Euro For:

Wii
Wii Play
Nunchuck
TP
Rechargeable's.

I got the Costco bundle with Wii Sports, Excite Truck, and Zelda. I had already bought 3 used GC games. I bought another controller as soon as I could find one in a store (a few weeks after launch), a few more used GC games, a Classic controller, and a Gamecube controller.

I only paid 1/2 for some of the things but I will total it up like I paid full price.

Wii Bundle $370
Extra Controllers $100
CG games $130
=
$600

Since then I spent another $450 or so for a total of
$1050 worth of stuff (Wii, 3 wiimotes, 2 nunchu, 1 classic controller, 2 gamecube controllers, SD card, GC memory card, 11 games, 9 GC games, 1 VC game, rechargeable batteries) but my roomate gave me $175 to help cover the costs. And I plan to buy 4-5 more games and 4-5 VC games by the end of 08.

After putting all of this money into my Wii, I am glad I didn't buy a system last generation (unless you count the 1000s I spent on PCs) and will not likely buy another system this generation (until I can find a used DS for $50 or if I get a system through one of those free system deals).

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

When my wife and I got ours there were no controllers on the shelves (in fact it would be almost two months before we could find another remote). So we just got the system and Zelda. So $300. Now, 3 remotes (4 total) 3 nunchucks (4 total), one classic controller, and 6 games later we've spent around $730 (just doing math in my head, sue me if it's wrong :P). I'm not sure of the exact ammount but we've spent at least $50 on VC games as well. It's no suprise that Nintendo is making ridiculous gobs of cash right now.

Right now it sucks because we really want Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Super Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.  Stupid holidays and having to spend money on other people. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Around the Network

On the 6th February i bought the system for £160 (i had reserved the week prior it so i had already paid £20) £180 = $360 i think

two days later i got LoZ:TP for £4 (i had £36 Gamestation credit from selling my GC) £40 = $80

so $420 for the console + game.
had i been in the USA I would have spent about $300 though.

Purchased bundle on lauch day for at circuit city online, returned everything except for console, extra controller and nunchuck, zelda, and raving rabbids. = 250+20+40+100 = $410. :) I could have returned everything and just kept the console for $250.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

$250 system
$120 3 controllers
$60 3 nunchuck
$20 WiiPoints Card
$50 Rayman
$50 RedSteel
$50 Zelda

$600 Total

I got it at launch and everyone was laughng at me because my preorders ate up most of the spare controllers and nunchucks that the gamestop got.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt