By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - US media quality

Andir said:
I had traveled back to Northern Ohio for the wedding. It was one of the "Friends" churches in North Eastern Ohio... Fairly close to PA near Canton. It could be a more "strict" minister or something. /shrug

I don't know. It didn't impress me one bit.

Well that is OH. I was just in Cambridge OH  where 70 and 77 intersect. It is a very quiet and boring place. they hold plays there about religion. It is most likely an eastern Quaker meeting but like everything else every Quaker has to judge their own morality and it is possible that your cousins wife is anti booze and anti dancing. However I know that the meetings I belonged in both in Philadelphia and San Francisco have a different outlook. We just call it moderation.

Around the Network

The first thing you learn in mass communications is that everything you see is pretty much a show. No, thats the second thing. The first is that it's all about making money.

The US mainstream news is mostly considered a joke by people into tech and many college kids. CNN and Fox News are typically the worst (and they are the most popular cables news stations in America). Shows like 60 Minutes by CBS and 20/20 are considered to be much more accurate. Even the Daily Show with John Stewart is considered to cover the most important issues with better accuracy than many mainstream media shows and it is supposed to be a fake news show.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Anybody remember that fox news show about 'Anonymous'

I was laughing about that for DAYS. Fox news is, quite literally, a joke.

Sure, that was the hacker gang that was taking over the world.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

If your looking at 24 hour newstations it's easy.

Fox News = Extremly right wing.

CNN = Leans left wing mostly.

MSNBC = your actual fair 24 hour news station... it's why nobody watches it.

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
Sure, that was the hacker gang that was taking over the world.

Hackers on steroids.

I have actually met some people who are now convinced 'Anonymous organization' has hacked them. They refuse to accept that Anon is not organized, at all.