By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1UP: R&C Future did better in its first month than last R&C game (PS2)

www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cld=3164480 R&C: Deadlocked (Oct 2005)- 55,300 R&C: Tools of Destruction (Oct 2007)- 74,500

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Then we'll just see how this holds up. Even Viva Pinata sold well after some months, so it's even more likely this game will have great legs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

So how well did Ratchet: Deadlocked sell overall?

First week sale by NPD ( from that article ) : 
  • Ratchet & Clank (November 2002) -- 112,000 units
  • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (November 2003) -- 125,000 units
  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (November 2004) -- 207, 500 units
  • Ratchet: Deadlocked (October 2005) -- 55,300 units
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (October 2007) -- 74,500 units
  •  

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

I meant overall. Also the article isn't coming up for me.

Around the Network

I don't know how well Deadlocked sold, but it is on the Greatest Hits list, at least in North America, which means it sold at least 400k here.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I guess this is all american sales, it seems to be having a terrible drop off in japan. I wonder about Europe.

it will probably outsell deadlock and the psp version but i dont think it will outsell the other versions

I'm pretty sure that Deadlocked was less of a good game than the three that came before it.

That's a lot of Ratchet games in a little amount of time. People were probably sick of it by Deadlocked, which doesn't even look like a main series game without the Clank in there. :>