By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fragile (Namco's new Wii RPG) info!

Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:
I don't think the Wii is doing too bad on the RPG front.

I don't think we can make that judgment until the Wii actually has a good RPG selection.

Having a bunch of them in development doesn't make the RPG selection today any better.

Well today you have Fire Emblem, which if the last game is any indication can give you well over 100 hours of enjoyment. So not awful hehe.

You do have a point. Fire Emblem is quite awesome.

And... hey wait a minute, you're trying to distract me! Talking about Fire Emblem and how long I'll play it and how awesome it is...

but Fire Emblem is awesome!  Anyway, although I hate the argument of "potential" you have to admit that there is a large selection of future RPGs on the Wii with just that.  Shiren the Wanderer, ToS:KoR, Baten Kaitos 3, Monster Hunter 3, Oboro Muramasa, King's Story (I love the look of this one), FFCC:TCB, FFCC:tYKatPL, Opoona, Sword of Legendia, whatever the heck is comming from Camelot, Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon, and now Fracture.

Those are just the ones anounced and most are due next year.  Obviously the Wii will be a much stronger RPG system than the GC was.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

but Fire Emblem is awesome! Anyway, although I hate the argument of "potential" you have to admit that there is a large selection of future RPGs on the Wii with just that. Shiren the Wanderer, ToS:KoR, Baten Kaitos 3, Monster Hunter 3, Oboro Muramasa, King's Story (I love the look of this one), FFCC:TCB, FFCC:tYKatPL, Opoona, Sword of Legendia, whatever the heck is comming from Camelot, Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon, and now Fracture.

Those are just the ones anounced and most are due next year. Obviously the Wii will be a much stronger RPG system than the GC was.

A lot of those are unproven IPs which is both good and bad.  On the good side, it means that they'll be a little fresher than certain other RPGs we know.  On the bad side, it means their quality is suspect; not necessarily bad, but unknown which makes it harder to get excited about them.

I think it's alright for now though as there are more than enough quality titles on the Wii (IMHO) to tide Wii owners over until some of the really good RPGs start hitting.  

Since the important stuff has been said, I'd like to point out Fragile's excellent use of the flashlight as a gameplay element. It adds to the spooky scene if you suddenly turn your light on a ghost, ala Luigi's Mansion.

My friend is an idiot. He kept playing Tetris because I told him there was an endboss.

Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

but Fire Emblem is awesome! Anyway, although I hate the argument of "potential" you have to admit that there is a large selection of future RPGs on the Wii with just that. Shiren the Wanderer, ToS:KoR, Baten Kaitos 3, Monster Hunter 3, Oboro Muramasa, King's Story (I love the look of this one), FFCC:TCB, FFCC:tYKatPL, Opoona, Sword of Legendia, whatever the heck is comming from Camelot, Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon, and now Fracture.

Those are just the ones anounced and most are due next year. Obviously the Wii will be a much stronger RPG system than the GC was.

A lot of those are unproven IPs which is both good and bad. On the good side, it means that they'll be a little fresher than certain other RPGs we know. On the bad side, it means their quality is suspect; not necessarily bad, but unknown which makes it harder to get excited about them.

I think it's alright for now though as there are more than enough quality titles on the Wii (IMHO) to tide Wii owners over until some of the really good RPGs start hitting.

Well, as I said, I don't like the argument of "Potential" for that very reason.  Potential to be good also of course has potential to be very bad, but I figure if you have enough games with "potential" at least one has to pan out right? haha. 

More on topic, here is the scan the info was translated from

I really like the look.  The feel I'm getting from this game is a lot like Metroid.  A sort of "alone in the world" setting with lots of exploration and puzzle solving.  Anyone else getting that vibe from the screens and information we've gotten so far?  I hope it turns out to be true because I think that would be an awesome way to execute an RPG. 

The quality among great quantities argument has some merit though not one I'd ever bank on. With a few recognizable names on there such as Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia, I think that is almost assured. The rest may very well end up as icing on the proverbial cake.

And this game actually reminds me of Zelda from a gameplay stand point (or at least the way it looks from the screen shots).

Around the Network

looks interesting, let's see some gameplay!!!!

Words Of Wisdom said:
The quality among great quantities argument has some merit though not one I'd ever bank on. With a few recognizable names on there such as Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia, I think that is almost assured. The rest may very well end up as icing on the proverbial cake.

And this game actually reminds me of Zelda from a gameplay stand point (or at least the way it looks from the screen shots).

The art style is too dark for Zelda.  Zelda lives off interaction with characters and NPCs.  This looks like it will have very little of that.  I think the art style is a bit reminiscent of Half-Life 2 truthfully, but again that involves a lot of character interaction...

I suppose it's a good thing that I can't place it in line with another game completely because it shows how unique the themes and setting of the game are.  We should get more information this weekend.

I really like the look of those scans. I repeat 'bring on the rpgs"

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

The art style is too dark for Zelda. Zelda lives off interaction with characters and NPCs. This looks like it will have very little of that. I think the art style is a bit reminiscent of Half-Life 2 truthfully, but again that involves a lot of character interaction...

I suppose it's a good thing that I can't place it in line with another game completely because it shows how unique the themes and setting of the game are. We should get more information this weekend.

I don't know.  You could take out Seto and put Link it and have him look almost at home.

Twilight Princess was darker than some Zelda games so it isn't too far off.

A lot of my comparison is dependent on what I'm expecting the gameplay to be like though.  From the screenshots, I'd expect it to be more like Zelda than anything else.  That may change in the near future though.

naznatips said:

Fragile info

- The land is now covered by a dense fog

So long as that isn't "kyptonite fog" this is definitely a game I'll be looking into getting.