By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fragile (Namco's new Wii RPG) info!

dschumm said:
Yes... Bring it on, if 3rd parties can crank out a few RPGs, the Wii is the only system I will need.

yep quite a few rpgs have been announced for wii

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
So this is not a turn based RPG?

No info on the combat system yet.  According to Namco they'll release more info on the 24th.

Official RPG Thread Updated...thanks Naznatips

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|

This sounds like that tech demo that a small dev team had made where you played as a girl with a light in a "dead world" that could temporarily bring things back to life and you did so in order to solve puzzles, move platforms, etc.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

The_vagabond7 said:
That's what I like to hear. 3rd parties actually putting some effort into the wii, and bringing good original IPs too it. I will definately keep my eye on that.

yeah this and kings story seem interesting

Around the Network

I don't think the Wii is doing too bad on the RPG front. There are certainly some I want on the 360 too though like Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey. I'd like to try FFXIII and XIII versus when they show up, but after FFXII I don't have high hopes for them.  My favorite system for RPGs this gen is the DS though.

naznatips said:
I don't think the Wii is doing too bad on the RPG front.

I don't think we can make that judgment until the Wii actually has a good RPG selection.

Having a bunch of them in development doesn't make the RPG selection today any better. 

Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

I don't think we can make that judgment until the Wii actually has a good RPG selection.

Having a bunch of them in development doesn't make the RPG selection today any better.

Well today you have Fire Emblem, which if the last game is any indication can give you well over 100 hours of enjoyment. So not awful hehe.

This sounds promising

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

Well today you have Fire Emblem, which if the last game is any indication can give you well over 100 hours of enjoyment. So not awful hehe.

You do have a point. Fire Emblem is quite awesome.

And... hey wait a minute, you're trying to distract me!  Talking about Fire Emblem and how long I'll play it and how awesome it is...