By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fragile (Namco's new Wii RPG) info!

Fragile info

This info comes from the scans we posted last night…

- Game takes place in the future, in a world that has “lost its light”
- Almost the entire earth’s population has vanished
- The land is now covered by a dense fog
- Main character: Seto - travels the earth looking for people, particularly looking for a mysterious girl called “Heroine”
- The moon may play a big part in the game
- Tools: flashlight, wood/metal sticks (these can be used as weapons)
- Flashlight can dissipate the fog, uncover enemies, help solve puzzles, and interact with the environment

http://gonintendo.com/?p=29947 

It sounds very unique.  This new info has certainly peaked my interest.  Definitely not a cliche beat-the-boss and save-the-planet RPG.  I can't wait to see more info on the game.

Around the Network

Sounds good overall (I won't go into the dungeon crawler thing again )

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Too cool. I can't wait for more info either.

Yes... Bring it on, if 3rd parties can crank out a few RPGs, the Wii is the only system I will need.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

naznatips said:

Fragile info

This info comes from the scans we posted last night…

- Game takes place in the future, in a world that has “lost its light”
- Almost the entire earth’s population has vanished
- The land is now covered by a dense fog
- Main character: Seto - travels the earth looking for people, particularly looking for a mysterious girl called “Heroine”
- The moon may play a big part in the game
- Tools: flashlight, wood/metal sticks (these can be used as weapons)
- Flashlight can dissipate the fog, uncover enemies, help solve puzzles, and interact with the environment

http://gonintendo.com/?p=29947

It sounds very unique. This new info has certainly peaked my interest. Definitely not a cliche beat-the-boss and save-the-planet RPG. I can't wait to see more info on the game.

Unless it turns into one by the end (Grandia II nearly lost me when it did that). 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

At the end? Wasn't it kind of obvious that you'd get the big cliche since half way through disk one? (on the DC ver.)

Damn. I'm completely sold. It sounds sort of like a Zelda-like set in a dystopian future.

This is definitely near the top of my "most-watched 2008 titles" list.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

That's what I like to hear. 3rd parties actually putting some effort into the wii, and bringing good original IPs too it. I will definately keep my eye on that.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

So this is not a turn based RPG?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

sounds pretty interesting