By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone having a SNES attached to a LCD HD TV?

nintendo_fanboy said:
Freiburg? Du kannst ja mal bei mir vorbei kommen, ich lebe in der Nähe von Basel, also kaum 100 km entfernt von dir!

and thanks Meow, I also realised that you all understood after I made this post, I was just not fast enough in typing

Anyways, thanks for your help, I just wanted to be sure if there is anything I could do!

Danke, werde mal schauen wenn ich wieder unten bin. Wohne in Frankfurt und bin prinzipiell viel unterwegs - jobbedingt. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

LCDs typically look really good at their native resolution, but they don't look half as good as an HD CRT of the same size in any other resolution. It's just easier to notice with videogames than with normal TV.

And that's why, people buy and HDTV and end up saying that HD programming makes normal TV looks like crap in comparison are so unreliable: It's just that their highly touted LCDs can't do their job right.

Man. I need to buy smb3 on th vc. I think i may buy 3/4 more vc titles tonight.

Would Plasma be a better choice then?

And dweti, that's great Where did you learn it?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

hibikir said:
LCDs typically look really good at their native resolution, but they don't look half as good as an HD CRT of the same size in any other resolution. It's just easier to notice with videogames than with normal TV.

And that's why, people buy and HDTV and end up saying that HD programming makes normal TV looks like crap in comparison are so unreliable: It's just that their highly touted LCDs can't do their job right.

Plasma doesn't have the same problem, does it?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Are you using the composite cable or the RF? There isn't a lot you can do as others have said to to the low resolution game and the huge size of the new tv.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I have tried both, there was hardly a difference.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Die ist nicht die einzige Sprache, die ich spreche.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Posso anche parlare piuttosto italiano.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Iemand zou spoedig moeten vangen op.