By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Reggie: Wii Supply to improve in March

makingmusic476 said:
I'll believe it when I see it.

And given the just how tight things have been, they'd have improve supply quite a bit before you actually start seeing systems sitting on shelves on a regular basis.

True, but the important thing I think is to just sell bigger numbers, even if supply doesn't last long in the shops at least more customers will go home with a Wii.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

Well stock should get better in March. I'm always telling people, that after holidays, sold out items wont' really get better until March. Why? Because that's the last month before financial reports, namely before the end of the fiscal year (for some).

So I'll stick with the I'll believe it when I see it mentality, but they should have some out just given what month it is. Really wanting to see if those WSR bundles are real.

*looks at calendar*

Well?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

jarrod said:
Tecmo said:
let's see if it actually helps sales

let's also see if the sun rises tomorrow morning. :P

What the sun has a chance of not rising

dtewi said:
*looks at calendar*

Well?

*Points to first week of March sales*

There.

Around the Network

It really begs the question "Why were Wii systems supply constrained in the first place?"

leo-j said:
its in stock in gamestop online too

While yes, it is in stock online, I can't help but find it funny that they won't even let you see what local stores have them in stock anymore. We'll see how things go later in the month, as more sales figures come out, I guess...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

HappySqurriel said:

It really begs the question "Why were Wii systems supply constrained in the first place?"

Does it? We have reports from the middle of 2009 and again in late 2009 of Wii production being reduced. Then there was December, even if NPD overtracked, it was a stunning month of sales. Reggie was on record before the holidays of saying there won't be any shortages, so they were definitely caught off guard.

December drained a lot of sales out. If Nintendo's production is geared towards selling at most 20 million units by the end of the fiscal year, then you can't sell more than you make.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Of course Wii supply is improving, its up yoy again last week