By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamespot Reviews Uncharted...

its a bit low

Around the Network
Yojimbo said:
And Mass Effect got 8.5 seems Gamespot have tproblem with reviewers.

yep mass effect is also low

I'm actually now starting to respect Gamespot - they're fighting review inflation, it seems.

Have any of you tried thinking that perhaps Gamespot is a good review site because they don't give out 9+ scores on a whim and just because the game is big? Just because a game isn't a 9 doesn't mean it's bad.

I dunno I personally like the more down to earth scores, I AM getting tired of the Innovation = godliness trend going on though. I just want solid games damnit >< stop trying to make them entirely different >< (Uncharted I love you again), more times than not I view innovation as a risky move, kudo's if it succeeds, I don't think it should be given points for being different, but kudo's none the less.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Gamespot has the best reviews. They don't just throw out 10's if it's Nintendo, and they don't just trow out 10's for having hype. All of these 10's thrown around for every hyped game has been a joke.

i agree with you.. nintendo games are overrated...

And assasin's creed a 9/10 WHY???

elnino334 said:
Both scores are still very good especially if you read the reviews they offer tons of praise to both games. Read the reviews not just the scores.

I would read the reviews but I hate gamespot and don't go to their website anymore...

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

gamespot seems to always skew toward the low end where other game sites toward the high end.

konnichiwa said:
And assasin's creed a 9/10 WHY???

Clearly because AC is better than ME and Uncharted, that's why.

PS: I'm being sarcastic. I own AC and it sucks ass

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M