By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 Map Pack Community Uproar

Today, Microsoft Announced that they are releasing new maps for Halo 3

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/news/20071119-heroicmappack.htm

The maps cost $10 (800 ms point), they include 2 multiplayer maps and 1 forge map.

Personally I think this is a complete rip-off... I think I might sell my copy of Halo 3 and buy Call of Duty 4. I hear that its multiplayer is a lot more fun.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

$10 for two maps is too much IMO, especially only two months after the game released.

If they included three or four maps for that price, I might reconsider.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

$10? WTF MS you could pay us to get those maps you greedy bastards.

This is why I laugh in the face of anyone who says I absolutely NEED the huge hard drive for my 360 because of "downloadable content." Most of the non-XBLA DLC offerings thus far have been complete rip-offs.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

if they make the DLC maps required to play ranked games, i'll quit halo 3

Around the Network

It would be more of a deal if both maps could be edited in Forge.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

yeah thats alot for 2 maps

Horse Armor

10$ for 2 maps?!?! M$ those greedy bastards

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

The reality of DLC hurts. Mainly because it breaks the "Pay once for the Game" model so many console users are used to.

lol, micropayments

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.