By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - How can I turn off windows 7 website fillter?

How can I turn off windows 7 website fillter?
My perents activated a website fillter on another new PC I got,  it has windows 7 ultimate. I'v tried proxys and they are blocked too.  So when I try to acsess a blocked site (it doesn't matter what type of website) it says: Page not found. And most important I can't open games. The only account on my PC is me + administrator, but i know both of the password, and none of the two work on the website fillter password. Any ideas please!!!!

Around the Network

Having a frank discussion with your parents seems the best way, I can't endorse you sneaking around behind their backs.

Good arguments
Free flash games are free, if you have them you will need to waste less money on retail games
You need to learn to moderate procrastination, surely it's better that you learn it now rather than later in life when it matters more if you miss deadlines

good O-D-C: have a talk with your folks, and explain to them why you think it's severe to block websites.

bad O-D-C: have a talk with your folks and explain to them why you want to go on adult websites, I'm sure it'll go over well...

good and bad O-D-C's: welcome to the site!!! : )

I think we also need a welcome to the site for this 'Good O-D-C', I've never seen him before...

Just kidding :P

scottie said:
I think we also need a welcome to the site for this 'Good O-D-C', I've never seen him before...

Just kidding :P

we don't let him out much : p

Around the Network

I love the win7 parental controls. Only bad part was having to sign up for a windows live acct. But, now I can lock down my kids access and pretty much everything else on the computer they are allowed to use.

The system should allow you to alert your parents for sites you wish to visit and then they can unblock those specifically.

Just talk to your parents about sites/programs you want/need to run. Parents that take the time to block content like this mean they really love you and only want the best for you. As such they are probably reasonable enough to unblock things that should be unblocked.

EDIT: I just followed your link and realized your parents are not using the new win7 controls, but a 3rd party product. So, you will need to talk to them as that product probably doesn't have a feature to send a request to unblock. They should have looked into win7's new parental controls. Pretty good and free.

OK, thank you guys. I think it would be difficult to convinve my parents but I will give it a try.
PS : I am 13 this year I think I can go on Internet by this age but my parents....gush!!!

superchunk said:

I love the win7 parental controls. Only bad part was having to sign up for a windows live acct. But, now I can lock down my kids access and pretty much everything else on the computer they are allowed to use.

The system should allow you to alert your parents for sites you wish to visit and then they can unblock those specifically.

Just talk to your parents about sites/programs you want/need to run. Parents that take the time to block content like this mean they really love you and only want the best for you. As such they are probably reasonable enough to unblock things that should be unblocked.

EDIT: I just followed your link and realized your parents are not using the new win7 controls, but a 3rd party product. So, you will need to talk to them as that product probably doesn't have a feature to send a request to unblock. They should have looked into win7's new parental controls. Pretty good and free.

that is rude

Is the filter on your computer or the router? If on the computer (and you can't uninstall it for some reason) then try installing another OS (or Linux etc. LiveCD) where the controls aren't installed.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
superchunk said:

that is rude

Rude? how? For being a concerned loving parent who wishes their children don't access inappropriate websites as well as locks down the ability to install/download software to ensure I don't need to spend hours fixing viruses?

Not rude; its called being responsible.