By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I washed my phone.

kazadoom said:
Put it somewhere warm and dry for about 2 weeks and it should dry out and work again. I did this with an old phone and ended up selling it after it dried out. Note, that was an old phone when they were made better then the crap that is made now. What service are you with?

yeah some old phones were made better,then new ones now

Around the Network

I washed my iPod.

And it wasn't one of the cheap ones.

The drying thing does work sometimes, but I wasn't lucky.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Thanks for the suggestions. My phone is so old that the part where the charger plugs into the phone doesn't even connect properly. You have to press it in really hard and make sure the phone doesn't move. Also you can only delete one day at a time on the calendar in the phone. It was just its time. I downloaded an alarm clock for my Vista to act as my alarm now. Now playing Ne-yo "Because of You".

Happened to my ipod. Lucky for me it still works :D

I really don't see the point of extremely expensive phones. Buy the cheapest one you can buy, and save the $$ for better things.

Around the Network

I would say, pull off the battery, let the phone dry out for a few days.

Put the battery back in, plug the phone into your wall charger and turn it on.

I once went swimming with a phone in my pocket. Did the above at it worked perfectly for another 8mos until I replaced it. However, I did need to buy a new battery.

A friend of mnie dropped hers down the toilet (luckily clean).

Much like my copy of Advance Wars Dual Strike, it should work once it's dried.

My old girlfriend accidently flushed her car key down the toilet once. We took the bus that day.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.