By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worst Sale Ever

kn said:
It's not illegal to sell above MSRP. It is illegal, however, to temporarily jack up a price and then offer a "sale". If the retailer previously sold the games at those prices for some reasonable amount of time (I believe it is 50% of the time) then they are good to go. Otherwise it is a pretty straightforward deceptive trade practice in most states. Back before consumer protection laws, this was very common and there is specific wording in most consumer protection statutes to protect against such behavior...

I hope someone brings a claim with the BBB or something...

Sadly, Kohl's does it all the time.  That's why I don't shop there.

Around the Network

DO NOT BUY VIDEO GAMES AT KOHL'S!!! lol.

I didn't know Kohls actually sold video games.  I learned something today.

As a side note, the fact that the sale is composed of crap means that it's overstock that won't sell and they no longer want.

lol kohl's doesn't understand the point of the sale....

although, theoretically, you can get 3 xbox 360 games for $150

so that is ~$10 cheaper per title, right? they are usually 3 for $180?

kn said:
It's not illegal to sell above MSRP. It is illegal, however, to temporarily jack up a price and then offer a "sale". If the retailer previously sold the games at those prices for some reasonable amount of time (I believe it is 50% of the time) then they are good to go. Otherwise it is a pretty straightforward deceptive trade practice in most states. Back before consumer protection laws, this was very common and there is specific wording in most consumer protection statutes to protect against such behavior...

I hope someone brings a claim with the BBB or something...

it is illegal?  That's all kohl's does with all of their stuff.  Everything is always on "sale" at kohl's, they will have 80% off sales where most the clothes are still $10-$15 because the prices are so jacked up.  They always have buy 1 get 1 free sweaters then they charge $60 per sweater, that's just how they do things.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

stores like kohls are used to the pricing scheme of clothing.

you put a fake price (that NOBODY would EVER pay) like $129 for a sweater

and then you put the sweater on "sale" for $29

then people think "oh wow I am saving $100...."

when in reality, the sweater only cost the store $5