By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Oblivion just an improved version of Morrowind?

They are both good, they both have a different storyline though and take place on different continents in the world.

PC Gamer
Around the Network

Oblivion is incredible. A classic example of a game that gives you a wonderful first experience.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:
Oblivion is incredible. A classic example of a game that gives you a wonderful first experience.

Eh, playing Morrowind with all the incredible PC mods it got made Oblivion feel... lame.  The developers really didn't do anything interesting with it.

The mods for oblivion are quite interesting too. You can even fly dragons.

Morrowind is superior to Oblivion in my opinion.

Both are good games but Oblivion just felt slightly dumbed down in comparison to the glory that was Morrowind.

Of course half the people I know couldnt even play morrowind because its so hard to get into to start with as it doesnt push any quests or anything on you.

Around the Network

Like Rath said Oblivion is more of a dumbed down version of Marrowind.

Of course, it is a gorgeous, huge, and at times hilarious dumbed down version of Marrowind.

Can I put a vote in for Daggerfall(Elder Scrolls 2)? You can get any or all of those Elder Scroll series though. I've enjoyed them all.

Oblivion bored the hell out of me. Basically a prettier version of Morrowind with a lot of freedom taken away. Can't kill main characters now, enchanting and spell making is locked up and only avilable if you rank up in the Mage's guild. Nasty caps on the spells, potions, and enchantments you make. Bah.

Remember how cool finding that unlucky bastard with the super jump scrolls when I started Morrowind. Immedately 
used one and landed in the ocean, and was killed by slaughter fish. Oblivion is just so much more restrictive and 
forbidding. 

If you do get Morrowind, I suggest you get the PC version. I have two anecdotal sources who tell me that it's better than the Xbox release.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

PC versions are usually alot better, thanks to mods

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.