By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am finally getting a PS3 + Full HD TV

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is a MUST buy.  Also, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Warhawk, Resistance, Motorstorm, Ninja Gaiden, Call of Duty 4, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Super Stardust HD, Calling All Cars, and Heavenly Sword are some games that you might want to check out. Cheers.

Around the Network

COD4. PS3's game of the year from what i've heard.

NBA2k8. That game is awesome... and by far the best basketball game of the 3 the PS3 has to choose from.

Well I'd say the ps3 to be better suited to HD simply for the fact that it comes with a blu-ray player. He mentioned getting an HD TV so they really do go hand in hand ^^ Now you don't have to worry about "which format wins" considering you can get great movies for a player you already have. I'd definately check out Ratatouily? (god I can't spell that >< ), 300, Casion Royalle, and like all the Pirates movies :) Die hard series will all be comming to blu-ray in a few weeks I believe also ^^

[edit] Definately check out Warhawks, Resistance and Ratchet :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:

Well I'd say the ps3 to be better suited to HD simply for the fact that it comes with a blu-ray player. He mentioned getting an HD TV so they really do go hand in hand ^^ 

I know, I was being sarcastic because he said the "PS3 goes hand-in-hand with HD, unlike the 360", which is just stupid. He automatically assumed the poster had in interest in Blu-ray (some PS3 owners don't, myself included) while taking a completely unneccessary cheapshot at the 360.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Kratos said:

So my brother and I have decided that were getting a PS3 and a Full HD sony tv. This comes with Motorstorm, formula 1 (Ugh) and Spiderman 3 blu-ray.

Does anyone else have any suggestion which games to get first, and which blu-ray movies to get. Already gonna buy UNcharted. Thank you.

I have more than 10 PS3's games but my favorites are:

Ratchet and Clank Future, Resistance, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword and Call of Duty 4.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network
endurance said:
Game_boy said:

1. Should be in Sony Forum. There are plenty of kind, generous and helpful people more than willing to assist you in your purchases.

2. Only good game I can think of that's actually out is Resistance, and possibly Ratchet.

3. Couldn't you have bought a 360? It has basically all of the games a PS3 does, except it's slightly cheaper. I'm not criticizing your decision, but are you sure you really need a PS3, especially if you don't know what games you want?

ps3 will be worth it when mgs4,and gt5 come out

Sorry friend but the PS3 is worth it TODAY! Just look at my collection:

http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?lid=100018&owner=jmonteiro

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Welcome to the club, Resistance, Super Stardust HD (Only $10!), Warhawk and Ratchet & Clank TOD are great!

Many others like Oblvion, Folklore (demo available), COD4, Heavenly Sword (demo available), Eye of Judgement, Tekken 5 DR, etc are good as well in their own right.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Are you getting the Best Buy combo deal? I saw that in their ad this weekend.... Smoking deal on a PS3 plus the TV.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Sports games - Can't comment, havn't played.

My list, in purchasable order: (Full Price)
1.) Resistance - I like the free moving FPS, has Co-Op (You have a brother), good single player.
2.) Ratchet and Clank - Single player only, but a solid fun game.
3.) Warhawk - Can play with 4 people at your house online or offline smoothly, well balanced once you get experienced.
(Budget)
1.) Folklore - If it wasn't for the loading times happening... LOADING (Little lighthouse) every time you LOADING (little lighthouse) moved, it would be worth full price.
2.) Assassins Creed - Do you like climbing towers? Do you like weird stories that exist solely to create sequels under the same name? Do you like collecting about 2,000 flags? Then this game is for you.
3.) The Darkness - So, you control like you have down syndrome, and it's one of those weird open ended type FPSes, but if you like demons, or Faith No More, or chicks with piercings, may as well pick it up.
4.) Ninja Gaiden - Ryu Hyabusa brings overly colourful game to your Ps3.
If you're Desperate:
1.) Lair - Fun game, still in beta stage. Want to play an unifinished game that had remarkable potential, yet... is still horribly unfinished? Play Lair!
2.) Heavenly Sword - 5 hours of gameplay, 0 replayability, but actually a good story.
3.) Rainbow 6 - Serves as a reminder that some people will fellate a game so long as it has "Tom Clancy" in the title. Boring, slow, stupid, and the load screens have their own load screens. If you're cool with waiting 2 minutes to load anything.... well, you're patient.
4.) Eye of Judgement - Very very very very slow and very very very limited CCG played online. Do you pay the money or do you cheat? Random chance, limited cards, rediculous land effects, poor programming of some cards all bring down to a game that is far worse than it should have been.

Can't say
1.) Uncharted - Havn't played
2.) Call of Duty 4 - I hate "realistic" games that have a shotgun ther fires like \ / rather than like a real shotgun, or that you can regenerate life, or that the game is extended by unlockables, but the wide variety of multiplayer options and game types, including counter-strike, definately bring up the value. Between full price and budget, so if you like realistic shooters, get it.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
*Snip*

I must say... I thoroughly enjoy your posts... 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.