By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiiware bringing indies to the N

From what I have read, it is still difficult for garage developers to make it through the loops to get approved. This makes sense of course on the small end so that bad games don't flood the market, but it seems that the games are focused on original content from the tried and true with a few special cases.

Also Nintendo has a bit of regulation with it and seems to be encouraging more pick up and play games like Dr. Mario rather than the bigger scale games like Final Fantasy. That makes sense as well because of the lack of storage. Which brings it to the topic many have brought up, which concerns me as well as I have already filled my Wii storage to the brim with many games on SD card as well, something needs to be added to satisfy those gamers who buy mounds of VC games like a Wii version with added internal storage (4GB or more) or ability to run off SD cards and USB (not as convenient).

I like the VC primarily for its retro titles, but if there is a fun game that everyone is getting into, then I'll buy it for sure. If Wiiware didn't exist, then we wouldn't have those opportunities.