By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2007, best year of games ever? Let's compare.

1998 was the best year for me. Both OoT and MGS are generally recognised as the best games on their respective consoles and are two of the handful of games that can legitimately claim to be the greatest game of all time. Then of course you add two great platformers and the racing simulator that all others are compared to and you've got yourself a pretty good year.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network

I'd have to agree on 1998.

Ocarina of Time
Banjo Kazooie
Resident Evil 2
Starcraft (+ Brood War expansion)
Unreal
Parasite Eve
Fallout 2
Pokemon Red & Blue
Grim Fandango
Metal Gear Solid
Half-Life
Thief: The Dark Project
Baldur's Gate
Turok 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Tekken 3
Gran Turismo
Xenogears

I don't think there has ever been another year where so many revolutionary and all-around excellent games were released.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Defo 98. But can someone list 2007 properly theres more than that!. I cant be arsed to.

This year could have been the best, if the PS3 hadn't let the team down by having no games.........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'd say 2007 was more the year of overhyped games, which sold well accordingly.

Around the Network

2001 had the most 90's because thats when all of ps2's killer titles released

also you can add mass efeckt to the 2007 list,and if unreal 3 is released ofr ps3 i think that will also become 90+

starcraft said:
This year could have been the best, if the PS3 hadn't let the team down by having no games.........

Reviewers arn't going to let a playstation game get a super high score like that. They never have, and they never will. Ratchet PS3, for instance, should easily be a 90%+ game, but it isn't. I don't understand how Mario Galaxy could be at 98% and Rathcet only 89% There's no way in hell Galaxy is that far above PS3's Ratchet.

Some titles are missing for 2007:

Mass Effect
Metroid Prime 3
Call of Duty 4
Virtua Fighter 5 is above 90 for XBox 360 and the PS3 version was also released in 2007

And there could be some other titles getting 90+ that haven't come out yet.

indeed
your missing a few games

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.