By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect So Much potential for GOTY?

shio said:
Mass Effect looks to be a great game, but it may be overhyped like KOTOR was. This year Mass Effect has some competition for RPGOTY such as The Witcher or NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer.

Storywise and writing/dialogue wise, Mass Effect will most likely be below The Witcher and NWN2:MotB. And it's combat is limited by the 360's pads. And I heard ME isn't a big length game?

I don't think Mass Effect will be the top contestant for RPGOTY. The Witcher will be, or MotB.

it will win rpg of the year but not goty

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

They game may be good but SMG already has my GoTY spot taken... The game gives me this feeling i've missed for a couple of years (last time was when i first played Windwaker, first time with Mario 64) 

yeah i know what you mean

selnor said:
It might be 12 hours but it's the first part of 3.
Does it matter about length? I read it's about 20 hours.

20 if you want to do side quests

Lost Tears of Kain: If you dont like what people are discussing in this thread you can leave. 10-20h hours of main quest and 5-10h sidequest is that your definition of decent RPG?

ckmlb said:
Mass Effect's dialogue is supposed to be its strongest quality, also the Witcher is in the 80s in scores, this isn't likely to go below 90%.

Even if the main quest is 10 hours, if it's great I'll be playing it many times over with different classes.

I'm pretty sure the game is 20-30 hours.

20-30 to complete everything

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
endurance said:
i dont know,smg has a better chance and 1up said its only 12 hours long

and 1up also said that FF 7 remake was confirmed and had a release date for it.

Seriously do you really believe everything 1up says?

no but that was a pre-review so they shouldnt lie,also they say its 12 if you skip the side quests

Yojimbo said:
Lost Tears of Kain: If you dont like what people are discussing in this thread you can leave. 10-20h hours of main quest and 5-10h sidequest is that your definition of decent RPG?

No i want people to trust good sites, and know before they speak

FF may be 30-50 hours, does it have ANY replay? No, guess what mass effect has? Different characters, different squad choices, different paths, and different endings.

Also game informer and Gamertv put it at 30 hours, again dont trust 1 up for the love of hell.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
ckmlb said:
Mass Effect's dialogue is supposed to be its strongest quality, also the Witcher is in the 80s in scores, this isn't likely to go below 90%.

Even if the main quest is 10 hours, if it's great I'll be playing it many times over with different classes.

the problem though is its fighting system is clunky

endurance said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
endurance said:
i dont know,smg has a better chance and 1up said its only 12 hours long

and 1up also said that FF 7 remake was confirmed and had a release date for it.

Seriously do you really believe everything 1up says?

no but that was a pre-review so they shouldnt lie,also they say its 12 if you skip the side quests

Says 1 up, both Gameinformer and Gamer tv put it at almost 20 hours for just the main quest.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

endurance said:
ckmlb said:

the problem though is its fighting system is clunky

Actually if 1up has anything good to say at all ever, they said they liked the combat system =/